Paid Search Lead
Palo Alto, CA (Open to US-based Remote) /
Wealthfront is an investing and banking company on a mission to build a financial system that favors people over institutions. We help you grow your long-term wealth through automated investing and savings products, and give you a complete picture of your financial life.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront Cash Account, and let us take care of the rest — pay their bills, top off their emergency fund, and invest the rest in a personalized Wealthfront Investing account. We’re looking for innovative marketers to join us and define the future of marketing at Wealthfront.
As the Paid Search Lead with expertise in keyword search and ideally, past exposure/experience in GDN, you will join a small but growing, quantitatively- focused Paid Marketing function that is responsible for driving user acquisition. You will be entrusted to define the strategy and execute against a multi-quarter roadmap, building processes and defining the tools required to achieve growth goals. Because we are a small team we place high value on leaders who are keen to leverage their performance marketing skills across multiple channels to drive business growth.
This role requires deep and hands-on Paid Search experience, and while our ideal candidate will also have experience with GDN, we would love to speak to you if Paid Search is where your expertise lies.
- Define and execute the paid search strategy for Wealthfront, growing the channel from a small, experimental channel to an always-on channel that contributes significantly to the business. Should this person have extensive experience with GDN, s/he will also be in-charge of defining GDN strategy
- Achieve paid search excellence through hands-on management and optimization to generate new user acquisition within our CAC goals
- Proactively identify opportunities for expansion and improvement through frequent keyword expansion and A/B testing of ads, bids, audiences, keywords, Landing Pages
- Develop relationships and work closely with reps from search engines leveraging their expertise where needed and gaining access to alpha/beta opportunities
- Work with the Director of Paid Marketing to create channel forecasts and budget recommendations, adjusting tactics and strategies based on learnings and opportunities
- Execute against and granularly manage key metrics across paid search program including budget pacing, New Customers, and CAC
- Create and manage an experimentation roadmap to optimize channel performance including A/B creative tests, incrementality tests, and spend scaling tests
- Work collaboratively across Product Marketing, Growth, Creative, Data Engineering and Analytics to advocate for the channel and secure the resources (e.g. LPs, copy, marketing experiments, back end analysis to develop life-time value based bidding) required to drive exponential channel growth
- Monitor and report on competitive activity across the organization to build awareness within the organization and develop our strategy to manage competitive pressure through innovative strategies in our campaigns
- Track, report and present campaign performance to internal and external stakeholders
- Deep familiarity with how keyword search works - you will be setting the foundation for this channel right from determining the best tracking to the ideal framework for A/B testing of ads, keywords, bids, LPs
- 6-8+ years of hands-on experience of building and growing the paid search channel at a high growth company - while keyword search expertise is critical, bonus points if you have successfully run and scaled GDN before
- Experience in user acquisition and performance marketing, deeply familiar with making decisions based on CAC/LTV
- Experience developing and managing paid search roadmaps, bonus points for developing and managing GDN roadmaps as well
- Ideally experienced in both Web & App Tracking/Attribution
- Ability to clearly communicate results, key learnings, and areas of opportunity - this role will be a senior role with frequent C-level visibility
- Attention to detail with regards to building out reporting, managing deadlines and juggling multiple projects
- Self-starter with high degree of motivation
- Structured thinker and strong problem-solving skills- there will be new challenges which will require an ability and interest in learning quickly
- Strong project management skills - this role requires a can-do attitude and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Highly proficient in Excel / Google Sheets, as well as a strong grasp of funnel analytics, A/B testing, and metrics driven performance marketing
- BA/BS degree
- Bias for action to succeed in a fast growing environment
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. We help you grow your wealth through automated investing and savings tools and give you a complete picture of your financial life with an intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront Cash Account, and let us take care of the rest — pay their bills, top off their emergency fund or 401(k), and invest the rest in their Wealthfront Investing accounts based on their goals. Join us and help turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.