Frontend Engineering Manager
Palo Alto, CA
Our frontend engineering team is responsible for building the client-facing web application and web platform infrastructure that delivers innovative and delightful experiences to our clients. By executing efficiently and effectively, the team is a core component of our company tenet to win based on the superiority of our product.
As the engineering manager for the frontend team, your core responsibilities are to i) build and develop the frontend team and ii) facilitate sound execution of web product and infrastructure initiatives to help the company achieve its vision. You will lead the evolution of frontend engineering and have strong input into the engineering organization as a whole.
- Develop a vision for the web team that creates a cohesive culture and empowers individuals to deliver best-in-class code
- Provide technical mentorship and training to engineers and foster technical decision making on the team
- Match team members with projects that leverage their strengths and interests and stretch them to grow
- Help team members achieve success along their career path at Wealthfront
- Partner with recruiting to build a well-rounded, effective, and inclusive engineering team
- Support cross-functional engineering teams to ensure effective execution of top business priorities
- Determine core engineering metrics that drive success for the frontend team and engineering organization as a whole and seek to improve them
- Lead effective organizational improvement within our hyper-growth company
- 2 years or more experience managing a frontend or full-stack engineering team
- 4 years or more experience in a leadership role (manager, technical lead, project lead) on a frontend or full-stack engineering team
- Experience shipping web applications as an individual contributor
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent
- Understanding of successful team dynamics and how your role as a manager fits into this process
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the banking space in a big way this year with the launch of our cash account that offers an interest rate 23x greater than the national average. We’ve been overwhelmed by the response and have grown nearly 100% this year already to manage nearly $20 billion in total client assets.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.