Redwood City, CA
Our mission is pretty simple: we believe that everyone deserves access to sophisticated financial advice. Over the past five years, Wealthfront has built a technology company focused on re-architecting the finance industry, and along the way we’ve created a new category known as automated investment services (aka ‘robo-advisors’, but truth be told we’re fairly light on robots). What that actually means is we build software that enables us to democratize access to investment services and through automation we can deliver those services to investors at an incredibly low cost. And it’s working; we have clients across the country who trust us with over $7 billion in assets -- and we’re just getting started!
We pride ourselves on being a technology company that delivers sophisticated financial advice, products, and services to our ambitious client base. Does working in a fast-paced recruiting organization with a fun and dedicated team excite you? We are a diverse group of recruiting professionals who understand how talent can impact the success of our company. If you are passionate about our mission, and are excited to have a tangible impact on the growth or our team, keep reading!
As a Technical Recruiter you will be a front-line ambassador for Wealthfront’s mission and an integral partner in strategically managing Engineering hiring at the company. You will work closely with Engineering hiring managers and with Talent team partners, including sourcers, recruiting coordinators, and other recruiters. We work in a fast-paced environment with a huge focus on candidate experience, strong relationships, and passion for the Wealthfront mission.
- Oversee full-cycle recruiting process for the Engineering organization, which includes: sourcing, screening resumes, performing interviews, closing offers, drafting new hire paperwork, and facilitating the onboarding process
- Identify talent through creative sourcing channels (e.g. social networking, internet research, networking at events) and partnering with internal sourcers to build pipeline for a variety of technical roles
- Cultivate relationships with internal hiring managers and other stakeholders from across the Engineering team, acting as a strategic partner in the hiring and closing process
- Track goals and metrics and leverage data to inform decisions
- Communicate professionally, tactfully, and with the utmost diplomacy at all times, treating all candidates with dignity and respect
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality
We are looking for someone who has:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience building relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrated experience partnering with leadership on hiring initiatives and achieving clearly defined goals
- Familiarity working with a variety of engineering teams (e.g., Frontend, Backend, DevOps) and knowledge of programming languages and relevant terminology
- Passion for finding diverse talent and championing inclusion throughout the hiring process and within the company
- A strong work ethic, and who derives more joy from the grind, discomfort and uncertainty that comes with working at a startup to the comforts of working at a large company
- Commitment to knowledge sharing and thought leadership for engineering sourcing and recruiting strategies
- Well-honed time management and experience working in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- 3 or more years experience in a technical recruiting role
Wealthfront pioneered the category today known as “robo-advisors” when the company launched its automated investment service in 2011. Today, we manage over $12 billion for our clients and have expanded our service to offer free financial planning to anyone as well as cash management solutions with our recently launched FDIC insured Cash Account.
But we’re not done there. Our vision is to optimize and automate all of their clients’ finances, and build Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account and take care of the rest -- paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k) and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on reinventing the way we currently bank in the U.S. in 2019. The banking industry is one of the most non-client centric industries in existence and we hope you join us to flip the script and rebuild it from the ground up.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.