Payroll and Stock Admin Associate
Redwood City, CA
General + Administrative
Wealthfront is seeking a Payroll and Stock Administration Associate to join the People Operations team to administer our payroll and equity incentive program. This is a critical role that will ensure that all of our employees have a seamless experience when it comes to their semi-monthly payroll and payroll deductions and option grants. Your days will be a mix of heads down work on our regular payroll and option administration processes, collaboration with employees at all levels in the organization to get them onboarded and educated around our programs and doing analysis and reporting to support the People Operations and Finance teams. As with all of our roles at Wealthfront, we are looking for someone who will be dedicated to ensuring quality and accuracy in the performance of the role, as well as who will demonstrate a keen interest in advancing their knowledge and understanding of systems, regulations and industry trends surrounding their function.
- Process semi-monthly payroll by collecting, calculating, and entering data in ADP by established deadlines, partnering with People Operations to ensure accuracy of all relevant entries, deductions and tax withholdings.
- Process stock options grants, cancellations, exercises and releases on a timely basis for all employees and other option and equity holders.
- Prepare materials for the Board of Directors to review and approve proposed grants at each Board meeting and ensure accurate preparation of minutes reflecting approvals at prior Board meetings.
- Process new employees, terminations, transfers and promotions and ensure a systematic and accurate paper trail of requisite approvals for audit purposes.
- Partner with Finance on monthly compensation and equity reporting and analysis.
- Address employee's pay-related questions, changes and concerns.
- Maintain accurate payroll, personnel and benefits records in ADP and Carta, partnering with Finance, People Operations and outside counsel.
- Work with broker or vendor to ensure integration and documentation of employee benefit plans to satisfy annual reporting requirements under ERISA and the Internal Revenue Code.
- Complete requests for pay-related documents including statements and verifications.
- Partner with Finance, Accounting and People Operations on annual audits working closely with our auditors at Ernst & Young.
- Ensure all processes are accurately documented and followed for each payroll processing period or stock option grant approval.
- Work with legal team to research and understand applicability of any new rules, changes to the tax code or relevant legislation pertaining to payroll or stock option programs.
- Customer-centric business philosophy and team-oriented mindset.
- Uncompromising attention to detail and willingness to go above and beyond to ensure accuracy.
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment.
- Unquestionable ethics and discretion when dealing with confidential and sensitive data.
- Proficiency in MS Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Knowledge of ADP and/or Carta is a plus but not required.
- Knowledge of taxation of employer paid benefits is a plus but not required.
- BA/BS in Business Administration or Finance or a related field preferred.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront’s vision is to optimize and automate our clients' finances exclusively through software. We've engineered a platform that delivers highly personalized advice and services including investment management, financial planning, and personal banking.
Wealthfront employees enable our clients to achieve their financial goals by developing sophisticated algorithms and investment strategies, intuitive user experiences and scalable infrastructure to continuously deploy mission-critical code. Join us as we help clients create their roadmap to financial freedom and scale from $11 billion in assets under management to trillions (yes, trillions).