Fraud Operations Analyst
Palo Alto, CA or Boston, MA /
Brokerage - Operations /
Wealthfront is currently hiring a Fraud Operations Analyst to be responsible for daily fraud monitoring and investigation functions. Fraud Operations is a division of Wealthfront Brokerage and works closely with Brokerage Operations, Compliance, and all other divisions of Wealthfront Corporation, including the engineering and product teams. Our team's mission is to automate efficient controls to mitigate financial risks and loss to Wealthfront while collaborating with other teams to deliver a delightful client experience.
- Fraud Investigations
- Assist in the identification of unusual financial activity indicative of money laundering, financial fraud and/or financial crime
- Conduct complex investigations aimed at identifying criminal activities and preventing fraud on our platform
- Conduct deep-dives into account and transaction activity to identify and expand upon existing Fraud and Anti-Money Laundering (AML) typologies
- Conduct holistic account and transaction monitoring in support of Wealthfront’s BSA/AML and Sanctions programs
- Coordinate fraud investigations with contra firms
- Create, implement, and update policies and procedures to further develop Wealthfront’s anti-financial crimes and transaction monitoring program
- Research fraud, identity and user behavior to contribute to rules, models and other detection systems
- Cross Functional
- Collaborate with the Compliance team regarding fraud reporting and SAR filing
- Partner with Engineering teams to implement automated solutions
- Work with other product areas to develop new data driven controls for optimizing user experience while detecting and preventing fraud
- 1-3 years of analytical experience in the financial services industry. Experience conducting Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Anti-Threat Finance (ATF) and/or OFAC related analysis and/or investigations, and Financial Intelligence analysis and Counter-Intelligence a plus
- Strong research and investigation skills, ideally adept at aggregating and synthesizing large amounts of information, including transaction data
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a fast-paced, high-volume, and technology-driven environment.
- Knowing when to use judgement to make risk based decisions with current (and sometimes limited) information
- Strong written and oral communication, analytical skills, investigative research, and documentation experience.
- Experience with SQL and/or dashboard creation is preferred
- Knowledge of FINRA, SEC and MSRB rules is a plus
- Familiarity with fin-tech products and services in the market will help you be successful
- Be a true team player - humble, smart, receptive to positive and constructive feedback
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. We help you grow your wealth through automated investing and savings tools and give you a complete picture of your financial life with an intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront Cash Account, and let us take care of the rest — pay their bills, top off their emergency fund or 401(k), and invest the rest in their Wealthfront Investing accounts based on their goals. Join us and help turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.