Backend Engineer - New College Grad
Palo Alto, CA /
We’re excited to speak with talented engineers who share our vision for re-architecting the financial industry! This role relates to working within our backend service oriented architecture written primarily in Java, although other secondary languages will be involved.
- Work within a team of engineers to design and build new features or enhancements to existing features. This work will add capabilities to the various backend systems and services that support Wealthfront’s products, and will be done with automated instrumentation and monitoring to require minimal operational maintenance.
- Help improve the maintainability and stability of our codebase by working on fixing issues and adding necessary enhancements to our existing backend systems.
- Ensure that mission critical backend systems and services operate smoothly in production by triaging and resolving operational issues as part of a team of on-call engineers.
- Participate in recruiting activities such as interviewing and attending career fairs.
- Experience developing backend components, services, or APIs in Java.
- Knowledge and understanding of distributed systems and functional programming paradigms.
- Experience working with at least one scripting language (such as Python, Ruby, or similar) to automate repetitive tasks
- Knowledge of SQL and experience working with online data stores (one of MySQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, MS SQL Server)
- Passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration and automated testing
- Pursuing a BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or related field
- Graduating in Spring 2022
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. We help you grow your wealth through automated investing and savings tools and give you a complete picture of your financial life with an intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront Cash Account, and let us take care of the rest — pay their bills, top off their emergency fund or 401(k), and invest the rest in their Wealthfront Investing accounts based on their goals. Join us and help turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.