Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $11 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Wealthfront is currently hiring a senior accountant to join the finance and accounting team in building scalable infrastructure to support a dynamic and high-growth business. The individual will be responsible for deliverables critical to the company's financial close through applying accounting principles and procedures to analyze, record, reconcile and report the company's financial results. You will report to the Manager of Accounting, working closely as a partner to both the Controller and Senior Director of Finance.
- Month-end close activities: Perform monthly accounting close activities as assigned, such as bank reconciliations, fixed assets management, prepaids reconciliations, credit card and expense reimbursement management, other balance sheet reconciliations, and preparation of journal entries
- Accounts payable: Support all full cycle purchasing and accounts payable processes: timely review and processing of purchase orders, vendor invoices and expense reports to ensure compliance with company policy and reporting needs, including 1099s
- Financial audits: Provide support and assistance with audits, tax returns, MoM flux analysis and financial reporting
- Tax and Insurance: Prepare a variety of tax returns (e.g., property tax) and insurance renewals including the necessary workpapers
- Policies and procedures: Develop, implement and maintain desktop procedures for all areas of responsibility
- Process Improvement: Proactively identify issues and implement process improvements to streamline continuous accounting processes
- Special projects: Perform other special projects and analyses as directed by management
- Experience: A Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA (preferred). 3+ years of Accounting experience including private industry experience (1+ years) strongly desired. Comfortable in a fast paced, high volume, technical environment; prior experience in a start-up environment preferred
- Process oriented: Experience establishing and optimizing reporting processes to ensure accurate and timely reporting
- Project management: Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines with limited supervision
- Organization: Strong organizational skills with a great deal of attention to detail
- Systems: Advanced knowledge of Excel/GoogleDocs. NetSuite ERP system experience a plus
- Philosophy: Unquestionable ethics, customer-centric business philosophy, understanding how accounting fits into the reporting framework and team-oriented mindset
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront’s vision is to optimize and automate our clients' finances exclusively through software. We've engineered a platform that delivers highly personalized advice and services including investment management, financial planning, and personal banking. Wealthfront employees enable our clients to achieve their financial goals by developing sophisticated algorithms and investment strategies, intuitive user experiences and scalable infrastructure to continuously deploy mission-critical code. Join us as we help clients create their roadmap to financial freedom and scale from $11 billion in assets under management to trillions (yes, trillions).