Senior Network Engineer (Infrastructure)
Palo Alto, CA /
We’re looking for a Senior Network Engineer to join our Infrastructure team, where you will build and maintain the network that runs in our data centers and in our offices.
Wealthfront’s Infrastructure team adheres to the principle of “infrastructure-as-code” and brings strategic expertise for designing, implementing, maintaining, and improving our infrastructure.
We're a modern infrastructure engineering team, believing strongly in automation. We operate both physical servers and cloud-based computing, and our network spans both environments. This candidate will play a key role in shaping future network architecture.
As a key member of the Infrastructure team, you will:
- Manage our physical data center and cloud networking and server hardware, topology, and connectivity.
- Design our next generation of networking infrastructure with goals of decreasing costs and improving performance.
- Identify and measure key infrastructure performance metrics and define service-level objectives (SLOs).
- Maintain our infrastructure by automating traditional tasks such as hardware provisioning, software deployment, and network configuration.
- Ensure that mission critical services operate reliably by triaging and fixing operational issues as a part of a team of on-call engineers.
- Mentor junior members of the team and serve as a networking expert to the wider Engineering team.
This role could be a fit if you have:
- 6+ years of experience with routing and switching in Data center and AWS environments
- Been involved with managing production data center environments, including hardware provisioning, network device configuration, and capacity planning.
- Demonstrated experience with modern Linux or Windows systems
- Proficiency with Networking protocols such as BGP, MLAG, MPLS, VLANs, DNS.
- Experience with Palo Alto Networks Firewalls, Arista/Cisco/Cumulus/Juniper switches
- Experience with AWS Networking technologies like Direct Connect, NACLs, Security Groups, VPC, etc
- Experience with VPN technologies, like OpenVPN, IPSec, TLS, IKE
- Proficiency with at least one automation technology such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Proficiency with at least one language such as Python, Ruby, or Go and configuration management tools such as Git
- Excellent communications skills
- BS or MS in Engineering or Computer Science or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a 1:1 mentor to guide you through our onboarding program.
- Encourage you to lead projects which match your professional goals.
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews.
- Give you autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2020 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.