Brokerage Operations Specialist
Palo Alto, CA or Boston, MA /
Brokerage - Operations /
Wealthfront is currently hiring a Brokerage Operations Specialist to be responsible for daily brokerage operations functions including account transfers and cashiering. Brokerage Operations is a division of Wealthfront Brokerage and works closely with Client Services and all other divisions of Wealthfront Inc. - including the engineering and product teams - to provide the best client experience possible.
Brokerage Operations at Wealthfront
Brokerage Operations at Wealthfront is right for you if you want to be a part of our mission to eliminate non-value added back office processes and scale the business through automation. On a day to day basis, your knowledge will not be limited to one area of Brokerage Operations. You will have the opportunity and flexibility to learn and work in all areas. You will not be separated from other departments, as a matter of fact, you will be encouraged to collaborate with others. Brokerage Operations values input from all employees on how to improve our processes and back office systems through automation and allows employees to work cross-functionally to implement solutions.
- Review and process account transfer requests (ACAT and Non-ACAT) within service level
- Complete daily brokerage operations exception reports including unreconciled activity, margin, corporate actions, etc.
- Conduct quality control reviews and regulatory document delivery reconciliation
- Process trading related tasks including placing orders, settlements, trade corrections
- Perform cashiering duties including verification of incoming wires, checks, ACHs and process withdrawal requests
- Review and approve new client accounts for management according to policy and procedures
- Provide ongoing account maintenance and review of new and existing account activity for risk mitigation related to AML
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams at the company, specifically creating strong relationships with engineers
- Certain in office tasks as the business requires
- Minimum of 2 years brokerage industry experience preferably in a back office role
- Securities regulatory knowledge and strong understanding of account transfers, corporate actions/dividends, and trading
- Understanding of AML and risk mitigation rules
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer-centric business philosophy and collaborative mindset
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally
- Appreciation and understanding of applying technology and software to business processes
- Desire to improve processes to increase team efficiency and productivity
- Strong work ethic and hands-on approach
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary web-based account services applications
- Appreciation for compliance and adherence to government regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or related field or requisite related work experience
- FINRA Series 7 required (or ability to obtain in 90 days)
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service on a mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions. We help you grow your wealth through automated investing and savings tools and give you a complete picture of your financial life with an intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront Cash Account, and let us take care of the rest — pay their bills, top off their emergency fund or 401(k), and invest the rest in their Wealthfront Investing accounts based on their goals. Join us and help turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.