iOS Engineer - Intern
Palo Alto, CA
Are you interested in building the flagship iOS app for the fastest growing automated investment service? Do you love creating smooth animations and delightful user interactions? We’re looking for excellent engineers for our summer internship who are passionate about designing and delivering incredible user experiences that will revolutionize the way people manage their investments.
- Build a world-class native iOS application
- Quickly ship delightful features and iterate on them to make them even better
- Work closely with frontend and backend engineers to design, build and test reusable REST APIs
- Collaborate with design to build delightful mobile experiences
- Must be graduating in 2021 or Fall 2020
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Pursuing a BS or MS in computer science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Familiarity with Objective-C or Swift is a plus
- Experience shipping an iPhone/iPad or Mac app to the App Store is also a plus
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the banking space in a big way this year with the launch of our cash account that offers an interest rate 23x greater than the national average. We’ve been overwhelmed by the response and have grown nearly 100% this year already to manage nearly $20 billion in total client assets.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.