IT Support Specialist
Redwood City, CA
Wealthfront believes that people across the economic spectrum deserve to live secure and rewarding lives. Our automation-first approach enables us to deliver sophisticated financial products to our clients at a very low cost. Our team is mission-driven and passionate about achieving better outcomes for our clients. We're building an IT organization with like-minded people to help us continue to demonstrate an innovative vision of the finance industry.
An ideal candidate for this role is a self-starter who is excited to join a growing company in a very visible, social role where your impact is felt across the entire organization. You will be collaborating daily with cross-functional stakeholders to ensure they have the necessary software and hardware they need to be productive and engaged. Our organization is growing quickly so you will work closely with our onboarding team to ensure each new addition is ready to start contributing to achieving our mission on their first day with Wealthfront.
As a member of our IT team you will:
- Triage and remediate hardware and software problems on employee laptops.
- Enable cross-functional collaboration by maintaining our telepresence/conferencing equipment.
- Craft a delightful first-day experience for new employee onboarding.
- Scale our organization's ability to support staff across multiple locations.
- Automate management of corporate devices in compliance with our security policy.
- Manage corporate software licenses and vendor relationships.
- Identify and measure key information technology performance metrics and define service-level objectives (SLOs).
- Participate in our corporate infrastructure on-call rotation.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and external vendors as part of our office move.
This role could be a fit if you have:
- Three or more years of experience working in an IT organization.
- A focus on delivering a delightful customer service experience to all of your peers, from executives to individual contributors.
- Demonstrated experience managing and securing modern corporate devices.
- Experience evaluating and supporting corporate A/V equipment.
- Excellent cross-functional communications skills and a desire to both learn from and educate your peers.
- Hands-on experience independently planning and executing complex, cross-functional projects.
- An ability to lift boxes up to 25 pounds without assistance.
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a 1:1 mentor to guide you through our structured onboarding program.
- Encourage you to lead projects which match your professional goals.
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews.
- Give you autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront pioneered the category today known as “robo-advisors” when the company launched its automated investment service in 2011. Today, we manage over $12 billion for our clients and have expanded our service to offer free financial planning to anyone as well as cash management solutions with our recently launched FDIC insured Cash Account.
But we’re not done there. Our vision is to optimize and automate all of their clients’ finances, and build Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account and take care of the rest -- paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k) and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on reinventing the way we currently bank in the U.S. in 2019. The banking industry is one of the most non-client centric industries in existence and we hope you join us to flip the script and rebuild it from the ground up.