Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Wealthfront is looking for a full-time storyteller to help elevate our brand. We empower people to reach meaningful life goals, like buying a home, saving for their children’s future, and achieving financial freedom. Our clients are largely millennials — they're young, educated, and ambitious individuals who often take unconventional paths and define success in their own terms. We feel there is a unique opportunity to produce original content that captures the hearts and minds of this demographic.
We’re looking for a seasoned writer who will work closely with our Director of Content on a number of different initiatives to drive brand awareness — from stories about our clients to in-depth resources that deliver clear answers to hairy financial questions. You’ll also draw insights from our company’s leadership team and package them in a way that’s accessible and useful to our target audience. Part of your role will be to help shape Wealthfront’s brand voice as we evolve beyond the investing industry to personal finance, financial planning, and broader lifestyle topics.
We’re looking for someone who has a strong editorial background and a knack for developing rich, shareable narratives that engage readers. Our vision is to create a content destination that combines written stories with compelling digital experiences (video, podcast, interactive content elements), and you will be a creative partner in helping bring this vision to life. We are investing in a content distribution strategy so that the content you produce will be discoverable across different channels and communities.
While we don’t want to be just another personal finance brand that talks about tips for managing your money, we do aim to increase financial literacy for our clients. Your job will be to help balance our content to be both educational and inspirational. We’re looking for someone with a sense of intellectual curiosity—you ask questions, get excited by new ideas, and enjoy experimenting with different storytelling techniques. If this sounds like an exciting challenge, we want to hear from you.
This role reports into the Director of Content Marketing.
- Manage day-to-day content creation, from ideation and research to publication. This includes writing original content, repackaging existing content, and collaborating with freelancers.
- Help develop and manage the editorial calendar, based on news cycles, seasonality, and consumer search trends.
- Shape Wealthfront’s editorial identity, refining our brand voice and making that voice consistent across our owned channels.
- Partner with our Consumer Insights team, using their research to inform story ideas that are on-brand and aligned with our target audience.
- Collaborate with our Data Science team to develop compelling data stories for clients and media partners.
- Continually develop creative ways to differentiate our content.
- 5-8 years of experience writing and editing for consumer audiences, ideally as a journalist — published examples of content required
- Demonstrated ability to make complex and abstract concepts feel accessible and entertaining
- Experience creating high quality content under tight timelines
- Experience working with (and ideally managing) freelancers
- Incredibly organized and deadline driven
- Independent operator with the ability to work with minimal supervision, but comfortable working cross-functionally and collaborating as needed
- Expertise with content publishing platforms (we currently use WordPress, but experience using other CMS platforms a plus)
Nice to haves
- Background in financial journalism
- Exposure to multimedia content production like video, podcast
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.