Data Engineer - Intern (Summer 2021)
Palo Alto, CA /
Our goal is to provide a better experience to all our clients as we grow and they share more financial information with us. To do this, we need to both scale our platform to handle our growing client base and deliver new features that take advantage of the increasing amount of information we have. Our data engineering team is at the center of this.
We’re looking for engineers excited to help scale our existing data infrastructure and build out new compute capabilities. This includes making tradeoffs between online, offline, and streaming architectures, as well as learning the product well enough to understand the impact these decisions will make on clients. As an intern you will gain experience in the development process at a leading technology team.
- Develop and operate large-scale data systems.
- Build and scale data infrastructure that powers batch and real-time data processing of hundreds of billions of records daily.
- Provide visibility into the health of our data platform (comprehensive view of data flow, resources usage, data lineage, etc).
- Automate and handle the life-cycle of the systems and platforms that process our data.
- Evolve maturity of our monitoring systems and processes to improve visibility and failures detection in our infrastructure.
- Streamline the intake of the raw data into our Data Warehouse.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Pursuing a BS or MS in computer science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with Java or Python
- Familiarity with distributed data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, NoSql etc
- Graduating by Spring 2022