Senior Product Design Manager
Redwood City, CA
Wealthfront is seeking a Senior Design Manager to lead a team of product designers and partner with the Head of Design to continue building an inspiring design organization in a rapidly growing company. You will help build a team of high quality talent and shape a culture that enables creativity, cross-functional collaboration and design excellence across the company. As Senior Design Manager, you will guide, mentor, and support designers to hone in on their craft and career development; create operational efficiencies for fast-paced product execution, effective collaboration and high-quality design outcomes; influence product vision and strategy by facilitating design sprints with cross-functional teams; and, socialize the amazing work of the team externally.
- Manage, nurture and mentor a group of product designers to do their best work and grow in their career
- Ensure successful design execution by helping designers understand the big picture and never lose sight of user and business goals
- Recruit exceptional design talent and help on-board them successfully
- Build relationships with cross functional team members and executives in order to stay aligned on objectives, and find opportunities for improving communication, workflows and processes for effective collaboration
- Guide and facilitate design sprints with teams across all product areas with the goal to define product vision and early explorations
- Be an inspiring design representative internally and externally, who can speak to company vision, product development process and design principles
- Be responsible for and effectively advocate for users to build a shared understanding across designers, product managers, and engineers
- Foster a culture that strives for design excellence by creating new standards, best practices and bringing inspiration from outside
- Minimum 3 years of management experience with a proven record of hiring, managing and developing talent at all levels of seniority
- Minimum 5 years of hands on experience as a product designer with a portfolio of consumer products from inception to launch
- Experience leading and/or influencing product strategy and user experience vision
- Expert at design process, and workshop design and facilitation
- Excellent communicator and presenter with the ability to persuade and inspire different audiences at varying levels in the company
- Exceptional collaborator with product management, engineering, user research, content and design
- Fast mover, decisive, and deliverer of world-class user experiences
- Strong believer and advocate of Wealthfront’s mission
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront pioneered the category today known as “robo-advisors” when the company launched its automated investment service in 2011. Today, we manage over $12 billion for our clients and have expanded our service to offer free financial planning to anyone as well as cash management solutions with our recently launched FDIC insured Cash Account.
But we’re not done there. Our vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances, and build Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account and take care of the rest -- paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k) and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on reinventing the way we currently bank in the U.S. in 2019. The banking industry is one of the most non-client centric industries in existence and we hope you join us to flip the script and rebuild it from the ground up.