Social Media & Community Manager
Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we help people achieve their most important life goals, like retiring early, buying that awesome house they’ve always wanted, sending their kid to college, or taking time off to travel. Our clients are largely millennials — they're educated and ambitious individuals who define success in their own terms and are turned off by the traditional financial industry. We’re inspired by their stories and the unconventional paths they’ve taken. As we raise more awareness, build trust, and grow our business, we need to engage our clients (and prospects) in the environments they flock to every day.
That’s why we’re looking for an experienced Social Media & Community Manager to join our marketing team. You will play an essential role in building and scaling Wealthfront’s social media marketing efforts. This is an exciting opportunity to be both an architect and a storyteller. As a builder, you’ll get to develop our social media strategy, manage our current channels, and launch new ones. As a creator, you’ll partner with our content, communications, and design team to create engaging content that helps grow our audience and elevate our brand.
The ideal candidate is a collaborative, highly creative and data-driven strategist. You should have experience building a consumer brand presence on social media, with a knack for promoting delightful content experiences using multimedia and measuring its effectiveness. You should have a strong interest in personal finance, but more importantly be a trend spotter who is passionate about all things social and community building, with a finger on the pulse of new social features, listening tools, and trends. If this sounds like an exciting challenge, we want to hear from you!
This role reports into the Director of Content Marketing.
- Manage the planning, development and day-to-day execution of Wealthfront’s existing social channels like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. while identifying new and relevant channels for our brand
- Lead community engagement across key social channels, helping to drive conversation around personal finance topics while also managing direct client questions posted through social
- Work across marketing to build a social content calendar that aligns with key editorial, communications, and product launch initiatives
- Identify relevant ways for Wealthfront to join seasonal and event conversations, as well as respond to news that is relevant to our clients
- Build and execute multimedia content campaigns, working cross-functionally with Wealthfront’s design team and freelancers/contractors
- Work with the marketing analytics manager to develop performance targets and measurement tactics, and articulate key insights, trends, and learnings to marketing team and company stakeholders
- 4-5 years social media marketing experience, preferably for an established consumer brand with an active community
- Creative copywriting experience, with a knack for embodying a brand’s voice and tone
- An eye for design, with the ability to storyboard and collaborate closely with visual merchandising designers
- A passion for educating people around personal finance, as well as the company’s mission and vision (not required, but huge plus if you have experience working for a personal finance brand)
- Content development skills, including producing and/or managing the production of visual and video assets
- Experience with developing and executing social partnerships
- Influencer marketing experience, either directly managing or working on influencer campaigns
- Experience working with social scheduling, monitoring, and A/B testing tools (Buffer, Hootsuite, Sprout Social, Naytev, etc.)
- An understanding of using paid marketing to expand reach on social
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront’s vision is to optimize and automate our clients' finances exclusively through software. We've engineered a platform that delivers highly personalized advice and services including investment management, financial planning, and personal banking.
Wealthfront employees enable our clients to achieve their financial goals by developing sophisticated algorithms and investment strategies, intuitive user experiences and scalable infrastructure to continuously deploy mission-critical code. Join us as we help clients create their roadmap to financial freedom and scale from $11 billion in assets under management to trillions (yes, trillions