Senior Frontend Engineer
Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
We recently launched a new user experience that lays the foundation for a future where Wealthfront is the only financial advisor our clients will ever need. To accomplish this, we redesigned and rebuilt our frontend architecture to deliver a dashboard that provides personalized advice and will ultimately be the center of our clients’ financial lives.
We’re looking for engineers who are excited to focus on product engineering across our frontend web server and client-side application and to contribute to other key parts of our infrastructure.
What You'll Work On
- Roswell: As frontend engineers, we collaborate with a world-class and highly technical design team. Through this collaboration, we developed Roswell, our UI toolkit and visual style guide for making beautiful and standards compliant online products. It is designed for modern web browsers and uses reusable React components, performant CSS animations and our SASS testing library, Sassaby.
- Desktop and Mobile Web Application: We rely on a JRuby on Rails application to serve desktop and mobile web traffic. Some of the interesting challenges we’ve worked through include scaling to hundreds of concurrent requests with multi-threading on the JVM and using Java’s Reflection API to better facilitate communications with our backend services.
- Test, Build and Deployment Infrastructure: We deploy our frontend services multiple times per hour and are constantly scaling to support more users, services, and engineers, so we’re heavily invested improving this infrastructure. We ascribe significant value to i) tools and libraries that keep our automated tests reliable and fast and ii) stable build and deployment infrastructure that scales as we grow.
- Data Platform: We strive to make decisions using objective criteria and automate manual processes wherever possible. As such, frontend engineers frequently contribute to a range of projects on our data platform spanning from building frontend infrastructure operability dashboards and visualizing the results of A/B tests to gathering data to make informed product or technology decisions.
What You Have
- 3+ years in a frontend engineering role
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or similar server-side framework (such as Express or Django)
- Real passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- BS, MS, or PhD in computer science, math, physics, or related field
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.