Backend Engineering Manager
Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
- Collaborate with other functional teams (product management, design, customer service)
- Monitor team productivity, remove roadblocks, identify and implement improvements to our process
- Promote success for team members along their career path at Wealthfront
- Facilitate the exchange of information among all Wealthfront employees in a systematic manner
- Lead effective organizational improvement within our hyper-growth company
- Combine data-driven process and human empathy to iteratively develop and assess our collective teams and individual team members
- Evaluate technical abilities of individual engineers, in order to match them with projects which demonstrate their strengths and stretch them to grow
- Provide technical mentorship and training to engineers building distributed systems in Java
- Partner with Recruiting to build well-rounded, effective, and inclusive engineering teams
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience, 4+ years engineering experience (post-degree) and at least 2 years of leadership experience
- Experience shipping consumer Internet products as an individual contributor
- Recent hands-on coding experience in Java
- Track record of leading productive engineering teams
- Experience hiring, mentoring, coaching and developing top engineering talent
- Understanding of successful team dynamics and how your role as a manager fits into this process
- Passionate about collaborative problem solving
- Eagerness to solve challenging problems
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.