Senior Director, People Operations
Redwood City, CA
General + Administrative
At Wealthfront we believe everyone's personal finances can be optimized and automated for a very low fee using high-end technology. To achieve that, we built a software-only approach, which also helped create a new category: robo-advisors. Over the past seven years we've paired the expertise of our PhD-clad research team with the exceptional talents of our engineering, product and design teams to deliver sophisticated products and services to our clients that are easy and fun to use. And that plan has worked! We have loyal clients from every state who trust us with over $13 billion in assets... and we're just getting started. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
As the Senior Director of People Operations you are a strong communicator and relationship manager skilled at leveraging data to inform decisions. You will report directly to our Chief Operating Officer, work closely with management to define and prioritize business strategies, and build strong relationships with cross-functional teams to support and empower employees.
In your role as Senior Director you will conceptualize, define, and deliver on initiatives related to a variety of people operations areas including learning and development, leadership, diversity and inclusion, employee engagement, organizational development, performance assessments, employee onboarding and event programming. This will involve cross-functional collaboration with management and function leaders to prioritize and implement both function-specific and company-wide initiatives. You will also provide leadership and mentorship to our Talent team to enhance and grow our recruiting and sourcing functions, new employee onboarding, internship programming, and other project and people management priorities.
At Wealthfront, People Operations is a key ingredient in building a great company culture. We’re looking for someone who is passionate about empowering others and creative in their approach. This role is both player and coach, and will be heavily focused on scaling and empowerment, not policy and administration.
- Continue to build upon our learning and development program for manager-level employees, which includes coaching managers on individual needs for development (e.g. career planning, transitions, training, employee coaching, etc)
- Facilitate and analyze semi-annual employee engagement/feedback plans, solicit feedback from extended leadership, and partner with functional leaders to implement across teams
- Continually enhance our cross-functional onboarding curriculum
- Facilitate and coordinate cross-company bi-annual performance review cycle, including annual market compensation reviews and analysis of outcomes by department to ensure fairness and transparency of process
- Partner with the Executive Team and other function leads to assess and spearhead necessary organizational changes
- Oversee high volume university internship programs and events
- Develop and mentor the existing high-functioning Talent Organization
- Hire and mentor Program Managers to continue to develop and implement high quality employee development, engagement and experience programs
- Provide leadership and oversight in the build-out of a scalable employee and manager support function for the company
- 7-10 years experience in People Operations or related fields including L&D, Organizational Development, and Talent Acquisition
- Experience managing teams, working with senior management, and collaborating with cross-functional managers and employees
- Strong communication and experience incorporating quantitative and qualitative feedback to inform policies, curricula, and training
- Passion for establishing a culture of excellence, accountability and respect
- BS or MS in related field
Wealthfront pioneered the category today known as “robo-advisors” when the company launched its automated investment service in 2011. Today, we manage over $12 billion for our clients and have expanded our service to offer free financial planning to anyone as well as cash management solutions with our recently launched FDIC insured Cash Account.
But we’re not done there. Our vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances, and build Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account and take care of the rest -- paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k) and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on reinventing the way we currently bank in the U.S. in 2019. The banking industry is one of the most non-client centric industries in existence and we hope you join us to flip the script and rebuild it from the ground up.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.