Chief Compliance Officer
Legal and Compliance
At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Wealthfront is hiring a Chief Compliance Officer to oversee our compliance with industry rules and regulations for Wealthfront Inc., an SEC registered investment adviser, and its wholly-owned subsidiaries, Wealthfront Brokerage Corporation, a broker-dealer, and WFAS, a mutual fund investment adviser. The CCO will ensure each entity’s operations are consistent with regulatory requirements and will work closely with senior management and business partners to maintain a well-run compliance program while achieving business goals. We have a strong client-first mentality and aspire to change the game in an industry that has historically been riddled with conflicts of interest. The right candidate will understand and appreciate this strategic orientation and focus on enabling the business to achieve its goals while meeting all regulatory requirements of the industry.
- Lead our compliance operations team to support the broker dealer and investment adviser entities in sustaining compliant operations, products and services
- Actively engage with and act as the point of contact for regulators, auditors, and third party due diligence partners, demonstrating deep knowledge of the regulations as they apply to our business, products and services
- Partner with the General Counsel and senior legal team on analyzing regulations and their applicability to our products and services, striving to proactively provide creatively compliant solutions
- Partner with the General Counsel and senior legal team to support our brokerage operations and client service teams
- Enhance and maintain the organizational and record-keeping processes that enable timely and accurate responses to regulatory inquiries and examinations as they arise
- Plan, facilitate and execute all necessary testing and certification of the broker-dealer’s supervisory policies and procedures, including completion of any associated remediation, in coordination with the COO, to maintain compliance with applicable securities laws and regulations
- Periodically review, maintain, update and test written compliance policies and procedures for the investment adviser operations, including completion of any associated remediation
- Assume the role of AML Officer for the Broker Dealer, fulfilling all AML and anti-fraud related requirements of the business
- Monitor, advise and implement all relevant regulatory rule changes.
- Review and periodically update the continuing education program for all employees, including mentoring and training for licensed professionals and the Code of Ethics for all employees
- Ensure accurate and timely filings of required regulatory documents such as ADV Part 1, ADV Part 2A, ADV Part 2B, Form BD, 17H, 13F and other periodic filing requirements
- Oversee records retention policies and procedures for both broker-dealer and investment adviser entities
- Customer and business-centric and team-oriented mindset
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organizationKeen ability to apply technology to business processes
- Strong organizational skills and proven ability to set and meet deadlines in a high paced environment
- Proven analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective solutions
- Minimum of 10 years' professional experience, including direct experience as a senior compliance professional at a broker-dealer or investment advisory firm
- Specific working knowledge of SEC and FINRA regulations and the Investment Advisers Act of 1940; working knowledge of the Investment Company Act of 1940 a plus
- Strong project-management skills, with a proven ability to coordinate across departments and functions
- Proven ability to draft procedures and evaluate internal controls
- Strong work ethic and hands-on approach
- Prior experience with a self-clearing broker-dealer preferred
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: FINRA licenses 65 or 66 required; Series 7 and 24 required; Must be willing to obtain MSRB, Series 53
- BA/BS required; JD a plus
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.