Senior Software Engineer - Banking Platform
Palo Alto, CA /
The Banking Platform team builds the foundational systems for Wealthfront’s High Interest Cash Account and automates the storage, and movement of cash in and out of Wealthfront.
- Design and build new features, enhance existing features.
- Automate instrumentation and monitoring, requiring minimal operational maintenance.
- Join the team of on-call engineers, ensure that mission critical backend systems and services operate smoothly by triaging and resolving operational issues.
- Participate in recruiting activities such as interviewing, and career fair attendance
- Learn from and mentor other engineers on the team
- Curious, self-directed and desire to dig in and understand underlying details.
- 5 years of experience in developing backend components, services or APIs in Java
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of distributed systems and functional programming paradigms.
- Knowledge of SQL and experience working with online data stores
- Real passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration and automated testing
- Experience working with Spark pipelines is a plus
- Knowledge of an ORM technology such as Hibernate is a plus
- Knowledge of and experience working with a dependency injection framework (one of Guice, Spring, Pico, Dagger) is a plus
- BS, MS or PhD in computer science or related field
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a 1:1 mentor to guide you through our structured onboarding program
- Encourage you to work on projects which match your professional goals
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews
- Have autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2020 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.