Tools Web Engineer
Palo Alto, CA (Open to US-based Remote) /
The Tools team’s mission is to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of all parts of our business through the creation of high-quality and easy-to-use internal tooling. We accomplish this by building and maintaining our internal tools platform and designing, implementing and maintaining internal tools web applications for non-technical functions. In this team you will not only work closely with stakeholders to develop complex mission-critical internal applications, but also dive deep into evolving our platform architecture to empower more people to build and maintain their own tools.
- Build visualizations and analytics to make complex ideas clear and intuitive
- Collaborate with stakeholders and other engineers to develop new features and enhance existing features
- Refactor and improve the maintainability, reliability, and performance of the codebase
- Ensure our mission-critical internal tools systems and services operate smoothly in production by triaging and resolving operational issues
- Participate in the continuous improvement of our internal tools infrastructure
- Proficiency in browser web stack languages (HTML/CSS/JS/TS)
- Familiarity with front-end frameworks such as React or AngularJS
- Experience with Ruby on Rails or similar server-side frameworks (e.g. Django/Express)
- Experience with Java is a plus
- Passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated testing
- JRuby on Rails (Internal API Server + serves the React application)
- Storybook (Component Library)
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $27 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.