Data Engineer - Intern (Summer 2022)
Palo Alto, CA /
Our goal is to provide a better experience to all our clients as we grow and they share more
financial information with us. To do this, we need to both scale our platform to handle our
growing client base and deliver new features that take advantage of the increasing amount of
information we have. Our data engineering team is at the center of this.
We’re looking for engineers excited to help scale our existing data infrastructure and build out
new compute capabilities. This includes making tradeoffs between online, offline, and streaming
architectures, as well as learning the product well enough to understand the impact these
decisions make on our clients. As an intern you will gain experience in the development process
at a leading technology team.
- Develop and operate large-scale data systems.
- Build and scale data infrastructure that powers batch and real-time data processing of hundreds of billions of records daily.
- Provide visibility into the health of our data platform (comprehensive view of data flow, resources usage, data lineage, etc).
- Automate and handle the life-cycle of the systems and platforms that process our data.
- Evolve maturity of our monitoring systems and processes to improve visibility and failures detection in our infrastructure.
- Streamline the intake of the raw data into our Data Warehouse.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Pursuing a BS or MS in computer science, a related field, or equivalent professional experience
- Experience with Java or Python
- Familiarity with distributed data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, NoSql etc
- Graduating by Spring 2023
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $27 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.