Redwood City, CA
Legal and Compliance
Wealthfront Inc. and Wealthfront Brokerage Corporation - Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage, and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Wealthfront is seeking a talented, passionate and experienced corporate paralegal to support a wide variety of corporate, securities, audit and examination activities. As a member of our legal and compliance team, this person will report to our Associate General Counsel and will work closely with all levels of the team in support of Wealthfront's overall mission.
- Implement and maintain a legal records management system
- Prepare, process and maintain corporate filings and records
- Manage contract lifecycles for transaction documents, from providing forms through contract execution and maintanence
- Maintain a library of form documents, contract clauses, templates, and historical documents, and add or revise material as needed
- Coordinate Company’s responses to audit and regulatory examination requests
- Assist Company’s compliance department on required regulatory filings
- Provide additional support to the Company’s attorneys and compliance department in a variety of legal, corporate, contract and compliance related matters.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Minimum three years of paralegal experience, with at least two years of experience in a national or international law firm or in a corporate law department
- Bachelor's degree
- Paralegal certificate or equivalent a plus
- Securities experience (securities offerings, either private or public, or public company filings preferred)
- Experience working with investment advisers or broker-dealers preferred
- Experience working with and between Microsoft Office Suite and Google Suite desired
- Strong attention to detail required
- Ability to meet the needs of a high-growth, fast-paced Silicon Valley startup company
- Strong collaborative skills
- Strong project management skills
- Self-motivated and efficient, with good business judgment and “take ownership” outlook
- Creative, with the confidence to present and advocate for the implementation of ideas
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.