Senior Content Strategist, Marketing
Palo Alto, CA
The traditional financial industry was not built to put the interests of clients first. At Wealthfront, we’re committed to building products and services that are designed to earn you more and make it easy to bank, invest, and plan for your future. And we don’t want to stop there – our vision is to optimize your money across spending, savings, and investments, putting it all to work effortlessly. Deposit your paycheck with Wealthfront and, with the click of a button, you can have us automate the rest. Our software can top off your emergency fund, pay all your bills, and even invest the rest to help meet your goals. We call this future Self-Driving Money™.
But we recognize that what we’re building is not what the average consumer expects. We’re building a brand that stands for something radically different than what’s traditionally offered by banks. And we need a talented writer to help us articulate our mission and vision to the world. That’s a tall task, which is where you come in. You’re passionate about telling a unique story. You love using creative thinking to develop differentiated and resonante messaging. You love distilling layers of ideas into kernels of truth. You appreciate the nuances between different digital mediums and know how best to communicate ideas on each. If all this excites you, we want to hear from you! This role reports to the VP of Marketing and would be the first content strategist on the team.
- Partner with product marketers and brand designers to define messaging and positioning for our features and products that resonate with our target audience.
- Translate key messages into fresh copy for key initiatives including new product go-to-markets, lifecycle client communications, seasonal campaigns, and more.
- Adapt key messages and optimize copy by marketing channels – web, email, ads, social media, video scripts, and more.
- Collaborate with consumer insights to gain a deep understanding of our audience; use that knowledge to help shape how we communicate to prospects and clients.
- Apply a creative and emotive lens to the copy that you touch – we want our marketing to feel differentiated and our communications with clients to feel authentic.
- Translate complex ideas into clear, concise copy to make financial topics feel digestible.
- Collaborate with Product Content to maintain a cohesive and unified brand voice and tone, and customer experience across all touchpoints
- 5-7 years of experience in similar roles, with several years in marketing communications
- A strong belief that great writing can make or break a brand
- An interest in the finer points of wordsmithery
- Experience collaborating with marketing, design, and communications
- A portfolio that demonstrate a history of successful results
- Strong receptiveness and ability to incorporate feedback
- Experience with content standards and best practices for digital marketing channels
- Personal finance knowledge/experience is a big bonus, but not required
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2020 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.