Redwood City, CA
Brokerage - FINOP
At Wealthfront we believe everyone's personal finances can be optimized and automated for a very low fee using high-end technology. To achieve that, we built a software-only approach, which also helped create a new category: robo-advisors. Over the past six years we've paired the expertise of our PhD-clad research team with the exceptional talents of our engineering, product and design teams to deliver sophisticated products and services to our clients that are easy and fun to use. And that plan has worked! We have loyal clients from every state who trust us with over $9 billion in assets... and we're just getting started. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Wealthfront is currently hiring a senior finance professional to augment and lead its finance team in its broker-dealer subsidiary. This person will need to have a strong analytical orientation to support the firm’s COO and the Parent’s CFO in looking for opportunities to drive scale in the financial operations of the subsidiary. S/he will combine a commitment to the company mission with a passion to lead a solutions-oriented team that partners on critical operating decisions throughout the organization. In addition, s/he should have a strong knowledge of applicable regulations, particularly for self-clearing broker dealers, and the ability to communicate those regulations as requirements to non-finance professionals, such as engineers and product managers, as we continue to build out our back office systems.
- Oversee the finance and accounting function for the broker-dealer to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
- Cultivate and mentor a high-performing, action-oriented and values-driven team.
- Maintain the accuracy and reliability of financial information and systems.
- Protect and preserve the company’s capital through analytics, planning, processes and controls and proactively identify areas to renegotiate or enforce vendor contracts.
- Evaluate and integrate new reporting requirements into the regulatory reporting process and communicate these requirements across operations, compliance and engineering.
- Partner with the Director of Finance for the Parent and the current FINOP/Senior Manager of Finance for the firm on the monthly financial close and preparation of consolidated financial statements, including review of all month-end closing activities including general ledger accounts, balance sheet accounts.
- Assess and evaluate financial performance of the firm with regard to long-term operational goals, budgets and forecasts.
- Solve complex problems creatively and collaboratively.
- Review and and periodically update documentation, processes and procedures as needed to improve accuracy, increase transparency, and improve control activities to ensure timeliness and overall reliability of financial information.
- Provide oversight in the preparation of Customer Reserve 15c3-3 and Net Capital 15c3-1 computations, FOCUS Reports, and other regulatory filings.
- Assist in managing the relationship with regulators (including FINRA, SEC) and auditors by analyzing, researching and responding to inquiries in a timely and accurate manner.
- Interact and work with various departments within the firm to prepare regulatory filings and manage regulatory compliance.
- Customer-centric business philosophy and team-oriented mindset.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization.
- Prior experience as a manager leading and developing a team of financial and accounting professionals.
- Keen ability to apply technology to business processes.
- Superior organizational skills and proven ability to set and meet deadlines in a high paced environment.
- In-depth knowledge of SEC Rules 15c3-3 and 15c3-1.
- Strong analytical skills, including demonstrated experience identifying and quantifying problems and providing effective solutions.
- Minimum of 10 years' professional experience, including several years experience as a senior finance professional at a self-clearing broker dealer.
- Strong work ethic and hands-on approach.
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: Series 7, 24 and 27 required.
- BA/BS required; CPA and/or MBA preferred.
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.