Principal Product Manager, Investing
Palo Alto, CA (Open to US-based Remote) /
Wealthfront is looking for a Principal Product Manager to build and scale the future for our Investing products! Wealthfront’s managed investment product pioneered automated investing, by offering broad access to advanced investing strategies at a fraction of the cost of traditional financial advisers. This is only the beginning of a much broader vision to serve our mission to build a financial system that favors people over institutions.
You’ll focus on evolving our Investing product to meet a broader set of needs consumers have when it comes to investing and growing their wealth. You’ll work with a high-performing cross-functional team to build features that allow Wealthfront to become our customers’ primary institution for investing services.
You’ll be a key contributor to our highest priority product development effort, and most significant growth opportunity for the company. Success in this role requires a healthy balance of deep customer empathy, product vision, and executional excellence.
This is a unique opportunity to rethink traditional investing products, using software to offer delightful yet powerful new investing experiences. If this excites you, we want to hear from you!
- 6+ years of Product Management experience in a consumer software company
- Passion for building delightful consumer product experiences
- Healthy blend of strategic thinking capabilities with an executional, action-oriented mindset and an eagle eye for detail
- Develop deep customer empathy. You fall in love with the customer problem rather than the solution
- Drive strong decision-making through quantitative analysis and experiments that test key assumptions. You know how to balance rapid experimentation with larger bets
- Entrepreneurial and creative attitude
- Demonstrate a proven track record of managing the end-to-end product lifecycle for consumer products
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to quickly command trust and respect from executives and partners and tailor communications to the appropriate audience
- Adept at driving alignment around trade-off decisions based on product and company priorities
- Data-driven mindset and a measurable approach to problem solving
- Experience working with complex or highly regulated products
- Own a key pillar of our investing product that delivers customer and business impact from conception to delivery
- Craft and champion the product vision, continually refining it based on customer insights
- Define the short, medium, and long-term roadmap and rally the team around the product priorities
- Own the product lifecycle from requirements gathering through release, working cross-functionally to bring new products to market in a way that maximizes their success
- Lead the team to deliver the roadmap through agile sprint cycles, breaking down the product roadmap into executable stories and requirements
- Define success metrics and consistently measure the impact of the team’s work.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $27 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.
Please review our candidate privacy notice