Quantitative Researcher - Investments
Palo Alto, CA /
Data Science and Research /
We are seeking a quantitative researcher / data scientist to join the Investments team at Wealthfront. The primary responsibility of the role is to investigate and develop proprietary, automated investment strategies addressing our clients' various investment problems. Your focus will span topics related to asset allocation, portfolio construction, optimization, tax efficiency, trade execution, behavioral finance, and will afford you the opportunity to work with a proprietary dataset spanning the investments of hundreds of thousands of clients. Successful candidates will combine an ability to derive and apply quantitative models to the empirical analysis of financial and client data. Code and models are the way we express insights and analysis, thus you need to be comfortable working with large datasets and writing significant amounts of code.
- Build reproducible backtests for proposed models / algorithms
- Contribute to the deployment and implementation of differentiated investment services
- Contribute to the development of infrastructure for modelling, optimization, backtesting, analytics, and data management
- Investigate, identify, and acquire internal / external datasets
- Collaborate with other teams (engineering, product, design, marketing, and compliance) to commercialize new products and ongoing enhancements to existing products
- Promote our products by providing data and authoring blog posts and white papers
- BS or Masters Degree in mathematics, statistics, economics or computer science (or a related quantitative discipline). If you are thinking about doing a PhD someday, chances are you’ll love our team.
- 2+ years of experience in systematic or quantitative investing
- Experience analyzing complex data and building statistical models
- Programming proficiency in R or Python (you have written massive amounts of code, employing revision control, and testing)
- Programming competency in SQL preferred
- Programming competency in Java, Scala
- Experience with AWS cloud computing technologies
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service. We offer high-interest checking with our Cash Account, help you build your net worth with automated investing, automate your savings strategy with our service Autopilot, and give you a single view of your finances with our intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.