Communications Compliance Associate
Redwood City, CA
Legal and Compliance
At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Wealthfront is hiring a Communications Compliance Associate to join our growing team of compliance professionals. Working closely with the broader Legal and Compliance teams, and under the direction of Senior Compliance Operations Manager and our Chief Compliance Officer, the successful candidate will be primarily responsible for implementing, enhancing, and promoting Wealthfront’s communications compliance program throughout the organization (which includes Wealthfront Inc., an SEC-registered investment adviser and its wholly-owned affiliates, Wealthfront Brokerage Corporation - a FINRA member broker-dealer - and WFAS LLC, an SEC-registered mutual fund investment adviser). This includes providing thoughtful, rules-based guidance and review (and in the case of broker-dealer materials, approval) of all marketing, advertising, and communications, working across the spectrum of internal and external stakeholders to ensure compliance with applicable standards, and making enhancements to and providing training of the program itself. We have a strong client-first mentality and aspire to change the game in an industry that has historically been riddled with conflicts of interest. The right candidate will understand and appreciate this strategic orientation by focusing on enabling the business to achieve its goals, meeting all regulatory requirements of the industry along the way.
- Policies and Procedures: Primarily responsible for regularly reviewing, enhancing, and executing on all communications compliance-related policies and procedures, as well as assisting with broader Compliance testing and monitoring
- Education, Training, and Promoting a Culture of Compliance: Develop, enhance, and deliver training to teams responsible for creating and delivering content, including business unit principals, content creators, internal and external stakeholders, and other compliance associates on communications compliance rules, standards, and resources
- Compliance Supervision, Testing, and Monitoring: Designated principal review and approval of Wealthfront Brokerage Corporation communications with the public, including product marketing, client forms and communications, and content related to services provided by the broker-dealer
- Audit and Regulatory Examinations: Owns records, reports, and artifacts related to the communications compliance program as well as related responses as part of investigations, audits, and/or examinations by internal partners or external parties. Provides general support to Compliance, Legal, Operations, Finance, and all other departments preparing for and executing responses
- Compliance Advisory: Provides content creators with actionable guidance and advice to effect compliance with regulatory and Wealthfront standards by reviewing all Wealthfront communications including all owned and paid media, web and mobile apps, social media, promotional and transactional emails, product workflows, blogs, FAQs, podcasts, presentations, and videos
- Collaborates early and often with business, Legal, and Compliance teams, providing specific guidance during all phases of the product development process
- Customer-focused, business-centric and team-oriented mindset
- Strong organizational skills, able to set and meet deadlines in a high paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of an organization
- Curiosity and interest in applying technology to enhance business processes
- Broad analytical skills, with experience identifying and quantifying problems while providing creative, effective solutions
- Strong working knowledge of FINRA, MSRB, and SEC rules applicable to communications with the public, including general content standards and record-keeping requirements
- Product experience including mutual funds, money market funds, ETFs, margin products and 529 plans, preferred
- Experience with or general understanding of broader financial services including investment advisory, planning, banking, and insurance, a plus
- FINRA Series 7 and 24; willingness to obtain Series 52, 53 and 65/66
- BA/BS degree or equivalent experience and at least three years of professional experience, including direct experience as a compliance professional at a broker-dealer or investment advisory firm
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.