Senior DevOps Engineer
Redwood City, CA
We're looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us design and build our next generation of infrastructure. We aim to build a well-rounded team and we're looking for someone with experience in one of the following areas: Linux systems, TCP/IP networking or building CI/CD pipelines.
We're a modern infrastructure engineering team and we build many tools in-house, so you will need to demonstrate proficiency in a one of the languages commonly used for infrastructure : Go, Ruby, Python, or Java.
- Design our next generation of infrastructure to improve performance while decreasing hosting costs through improved hardware utilization
- Build infrastructure that requires a bare minimum of operational maintenance. Completely automate the traditional sysadmin tasks of hardware provisioning, cluster management, software deployment, and network configuration.
- Be a mentor to the junior members of the team and a liaison to the rest of the Engineering department.
- Demonstrated expertise with modern Linux systems and at least three years of experience running Linux in production
- Systems-related software development in one or more of the following: Go, Ruby, Python, or Java.
- Experience with one of the following data technologies: MySQL, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, or PostgreSQL
- Experience with public cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, or Digital Ocean
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Chef, Puppet, or SaltStack
- Experience with orchestration systems, such as Kubernetes, is a plus
- Excellent communications skills: teaching each other new technologies is a regular part of working on our team
- Real passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, automated testing
- Bonus points for experience working with SQL Server and Windows Server environments
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront’s vision is to optimize and automate our clients' finances exclusively through software. We've engineered a platform that delivers highly personalized advice and services including investment management, financial planning, and personal banking.
Wealthfront employees enable our clients to achieve their financial goals by developing sophisticated algorithms and investment strategies, intuitive user experiences and scalable infrastructure to continuously deploy mission-critical code. Join us as we help clients create their roadmap to financial freedom and scale from $11 billion in assets under management to trillions (yes, trillions).