Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we believe everyone's personal finances can be optimized and automated for a very low fee using high-end technology. To achieve that, we built a software-only approach, which also helped create a new category: robo-advisors. Over the past six years we've paired the expertise of our PhD-clad research team with the exceptional talents of our engineering, product and design teams to deliver sophisticated products and services to our clients that are easy and fun to use. And that plan has worked! We have loyal clients from every state who trust us with over $9 billion in assets... and we're just getting started. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
We're looking for a Senior Infrastructure Engineer to help us design and build our next generation of infrastructure. We aim to build a well-rounded team and we're looking for someone with experience in one of the following areas: Linux systems, TCP/IP networking or building CI/CD pipelines.
We're a modern infrastructure engineering team and we build many tools in-house, so you will need to demonstrate proficiency in a one of the languages commonly used for infrastructure : Go, Ruby, Python, or Java.
- Design our next generation of infrastructure to improve performance while decreasing hosting costs through improved hardware utilization
- Build infrastructure that requires a bare minimum of operational maintenance. Completely automate the traditional sysadmin tasks of hardware provisioning, cluster management, software deployment, and network configuration.
- Be a mentor to the junior members of the team and a liaison to the rest of the Engineering department.
- Demonstrated expertise with modern Linux systems and at least three years of experience running Linux in production
- Systems-related software development in one or more of the following: Go, Ruby, Python, or Java.
- Experience with one of the following data technologies: MySQL, ElasticSearch, Cassandra, or PostgreSQL
- Experience with public cloud providers, such as Amazon Web Services, Rackspace, or Digital Ocean
- Experience with configuration management systems such as Chef, Puppet, or SaltStack
- Experience with orchestration systems, such as Kubernetes, is a plus
- Excellent communications skills: teaching each other new technologies is a regular part of working on our team
- Real passion for agile, test-driven development, continuous integration, automated testing
- Bonus points for experience working with SQL Server and Windows Server environments
- BS or MS in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.