Lead Content Designer
Palo Alto, CA (Open to US-based Remote) /
We’re looking for a Lead Content Designer!
About Content Design at Wealthfront
Wealthfront empowers our clients to manage and grow their money, and our content gives them the clarity and confidence they need to do so. Our Content Designers are empathetic people advocates. We're interested in what our clients need to know, what they don't, and how to organize and present that content in the most useful and inclusive way. The right info made accessible empowers people to achieve their financial goals.
Our craft here is called Content Design, but maybe you’re a Content Strategist, UX Writer, or just someone who’s experienced and passionate about humanizing product experiences, untangling jargon, and who loves writing clear, concise content.
We’re a remote friendly team and open to candidates from both the US and Canada. We’re unapologetic word nerds, we love to experiment and challenge the status quo, and we approach everything with an open mind. Are you ready to immediately take on meaningful, strategic projects to shape experiences that help our clients navigate their financial situations? We’d love to hear from you!
About this role
If you’re equally obsessed with solving human problems and business problems, this role is for you. You’ll be focused on motivating people to start their journey towards building long-term wealth with Wealthfront and make it delightfully easy to start saving and investing. You’ll explore ways to help these new clients discover relevant products and features we offer, provide education on good financial behaviors, help build a trusting relationship with Wealthfront, and turn our clients into loyal advocates. In other words, content is key to designing a meaningful user experience for the entire lifecycle of a client.
You’ll lead projects ranging from quick insight-driven content experiments on Wealthfront’s web and mobile apps, to crafting experience solutions to complex problems, to strategic initiatives reshaping how Wealthfront’s products combine into one cohesive offering. We’ve learned that building a great product and growing our business requires both a keen sense for content that influences the emotionally-complex relationship that people have with their finances, and a love of the data-driven experimentation and iteration required to make good ideas actually work in the real world.
You’ll play a key role in shaping our strategy for growing the business and helping people make sense of their financial future. To do all this, you’ll collaborate with a high-performing, cross-functional team with deep expertise in Design, Product, Engineering, User Research, and Marketing. Success in this role requires a healthy mix of excellent content design craft, a strong sense for the impact your work has on people’s lives, and an appreciation for scrappy experimentation.
In return, here’s what you’ll get:
- A challenging role (in a good way) translating complex ideas into clear, concise content to make personal finance more approachable and relatable
- Lots of autonomy over your work (no micro-managers around here)
- Hands-on learning about financial technology, investing, research, design, and so much more!
- An entrepreneurial working environment (we encourage everyone to act like an owner)
Relevant experiences and mindsets we’d like to see. Ideally, you have:
- 6+ years experience in similar roles
- A portfolio that demonstrates how clear communication can make or break a product experience. We’re looking for a range of content and writing abilities of how you can turn complex content problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for web and mobile
- A collaborative mindset, with experience working across disciplines and with multiple stakeholders (ex: product and marketing managers, UX and visual designers, and engineers)
- Confidence working in an iterative, agile environment, and can quickly tailor and design effective, appropriate content approaches within constraints
- An understanding of UX design principles and best practices
- The ability to influence the user experience beyond just content
- Good self-direction and are able to manage multiple projects across teams and navigate ambiguity
- Experience with content standards and best practices for web and mobile interfaces
- An eye for the details and an interest in the finer points of wordsmithery
- Proficiency with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, etc
- A passion for financial technology, financial planning, and investing
- A desire to help develop excellence in the craft of UX content design
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $27 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.