Social Media Associate
Palo Alto, CA /
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service that manages your savings using automation. We provide all of the financial services you need like high-interest checking that comes with an ATM/debit card, low-cost investment management, one-click loans and free financial planning tools all through a five-star rated mobile app. We recently began implementing the first of our Self-Driving Money™ services to automate your savings plan so you don’t need to worry about monitoring accounts and moving money around.
About this Role
Are you always the first of your friends to know about the latest internet crazes sweeping social media? Do you love memes? Do you have a POV on Reels vs. TikTok? Do you want to work at a company that helps people take control of their money? Then read on!
We are looking for an enthusiastic, social media savvy, self-starter to quarterback our social media efforts. You will report directly to Kate Wauck, the Vice President of Communications, and collaborate closely with our marketing, design and product teams.
This role will involve:
∙ Bringing our brand voice to life on social and speaking to our audience in a way that is relevant to them.
∙ Working cross-functionally with marketing, product and design to execute on product launches and social campaigns.
∙ Scaling existing social channels and recommending new ones.
About Communications at Wealthfront
Our passion is storytelling. We work hard to build relevant stories across channels that span news outlets to our social media and strive to cut above the noise. We approach each product launch, company milestone and movement in the industry with thoughtfulness and creativity, and we aren’t afraid to be bold and take risks. We are an incredibly strategic team, which means you will not be doing cookie-cutter work here.
Intellectual curiosity, a desire to always learn and be open will make you a successful addition to this team. You should have a strong interest in personal finance, but more importantly be a trend spotter who is passionate about all things social. If this sounds like an exciting challenge, we want to hear from you!
- Manage day-to-day execution of Wealthfront’s existing social channels (Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook).
- Evaluate channels we do not have a presence in and make recommendations.
- Collaborate with the team to build and execute a social content calendar that aligns with editorial initiatives and broader product and marketing initiatives.
- Storyboard and collaborate closely with designers on the creation of visual assets.
- Support product launches and marketing initiatives with creative go-to-market campaigns, collaborating with product marketing and legal / compliance teams.
- Synthesizing data to articulate key insights, trends, and learnings to marketing teams and company stakeholders.
- 1-3 years of social media experience, preferably with a consumer-facing brand.
- Creative copywriting ability.
- Experience managing projects with multiple stakeholders from start to finish successfully.
- An eye for design and an understanding of how visuals come to life on different platforms.
- A passion for educating people about personal finance, as well as the company’s mission and vision. Not required, but a huge plus if you have gone through your own journey towards financial empowerment!
- Influencer marketing experience a plus.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.