Senior Manager Brokerage Operations
Redwood City, CA
Wealthfront is currently hiring a Senior Operations Manager to oversee its wholly-owned broker-dealer subsidiary. The Senior Operations Manager will oversee the omnibus clearing brokerage operations, manage brokerage operations team members and ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Oversee and grow over time Wealthfront’s broker-dealer activities
- Manage daily brokerage operations functions and brokerage operations team members
- Work closely with both the FINOP of the broker-dealer and CFO
- Create a collaborative working relationship with the technology team to enhance the automation of back office systems
- Conduct meetings with the Compliance and Legal department to review, maintain, and update the firm’s written supervisory procedures.
- Manage internal and external audits and lead implementation of regulatory changes
- Maintain proactive relationships with the regulatory agencies and independent auditors
- Minimum of 10 years' experience at a broker dealer, with specific experience in self-clearing, omnibus clearing or correspondent clearing
- Previous responsibility for owning core functions of order routing strategy, trading policies, corporate actions, tax reporting, cashiering, account transfer, and operations control.
- Specific working knowledge of SEC and FINRA regulations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels across the organization
- Strong analytical skills, including proven ability to identify and quantify problems and propose and successfully execute solutions to those problems
- Customer-centric business philosophy and team-oriented mindset
- Desire to apply technology and automation to business processes whenever possible
- Appreciation for compliance and adherence to government regulations
- Certifications, Licenses, Registrations: FINRA Series 7, 24, and 65 or 66 required; Series 27 and 53 preferred
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is building a NextGen Banking Service. We help you manage your money for both the short term and long term by providing a cash account with the highest APY on the market, best in class automated investment management and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the space in a big way this year with the launch of our high-interest cash account that offers 2.57% -- highest APY available on the market according to Bankrate.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of their clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account and take care of the rest -- paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k) and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.