Brokerage Operations Specialist
Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we believe everyone's personal finances can be optimized and automated for a very low fee using high-end technology. To achieve that, we built a software-only approach, which also helped create a new category: robo-advisors. Over the past six years we've paired the expertise of our PhD-clad research team with the exceptional talents of our engineering, product and design teams to deliver sophisticated products and services to our clients that are easy and fun to use. And that plan has worked! We have loyal clients from every state who trust us with over $9 billion in assets... and we're just getting started. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
Wealthfront is currently hiring a Brokerage Operations Specialist to be responsible for daily brokerage operations functions including new account opening and cashiering. Brokerage Operations is a division of Wealthfront Brokerage and works closely with Client Services and all other divisions of Wealthfront Inc. - including the engineering and product teams - to provide the best client experience possible.
- Review and process account transfer requests (ACAT and Non-ACAT) within service level
- Complete daily brokerage operations exception reports including unreconciled activity, margin, corporate actions, etc.
- Conduct quality control reviews and regulatory document delivery reconciliation
- Process trading related tasks including placing orders, settlements, trade corrections
- Perform cashiering duties including verification of incoming wire’s, checks, ACH’s and process withdrawal requests
- Review and approve new client accounts for management according to policy and procedures
- Provide ongoing account maintenance and review of new and existing account activity for risk mitigation related to AML
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams at the company, specifically creating strong relationships with engineers
- Minimum of 2 years brokerage industry experience preferably in a back office role
- Securities regulatory knowledge and strong understanding of account transfers, corporate actions/dividends, and trading
- Understanding of AML and risk mitigation rules
- Strong organizational skills
- Customer-centric business philosophy and collaborative mindest
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally
- Appreciation and understanding of applying technology and software to business processes
- Strong work ethic and hands-on approach
- Ability to quickly learn proprietary web-based account services applications
- Appreciation for compliance and adherence to government regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, or related field or requisite related work experience
- FINRA Series 7 required. Series 24 preferred (or ability to obtain in 90 days)