Lead Product Designer
Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront, we’re on a mission to design and build products that help democratize access to sophisticated financial advice. Achieving this monumental mission requires us to deeply understand people and design a product experience that enables them to dream, plan and realize the life they want to live, by making good financial decisions, all through the mobile phone. This is one of the most meaningful, complex and fun design challenges and that is exactly why we need exceptionally talented designers who are also passionate about having big societal impact.
About the Role
As a lead designer, you’ll be working alongside product managers and lead engineers and make both strategic and tactical decisions. With your counterparts, you will define the product area roadmap, envision new product ideas that have meaningful impact on people’s financial lives and collaborate closely with a large cross-functional team to design and build products and features from the ground up. As a lead designer, you are uncompromising when it comes to putting people’s needs first and upholding a high bar for design quality. You show great comfort with managing ambiguity and rapidly iterating while never losing sight of the big picture.
- Translate the company vision and strategy into a thoughtful strategic plan and product roadmap in close collaboration with product managers, designers and engineers
- Think big and bold while accommodating known constraints. Imagine and validate new ideas and concepts that emotionally resonate with people and address their needs
- Define frameworks and principles that guide the team to make better decisions, specially in ambiguous phases of the project
- Clearly define problems, articulate the end-to-end user experience vision and execute to build a high-quality product
- Embrace user research and data to build informed hypothesis, prototype, experiment, learn and iterate rapidly
- Communicate clearly to drive cross-functional alignment, shared sense of purpose and smart trade-offs
- 5+ years of experience in UX, UI, for consumer products across web and mobile platforms
- Solid product design and visual design skills
- Experience building and shipping new products and iterating on existing products
- Ability to deeply collaborate with engineers, product managers, user researchers, content strategists and designers
- Proficiency with design and prototyping tools (Sketch, Invision, Principal etc.)
- Fast mover, decisive, and deliverer of world-class user experiences
- Strong believer and advocate of Wealthfront’s mission
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront pioneered the category today known as “robo-advisors” when the company launched its automated investment service in 2011. Today, we manage over $12 billion for our clients and have expanded our service to offer free financial planning to anyone as well as cash management solutions with our recently launched FDIC insured Cash Account.
But we’re not done there. Our vision is to optimize and automate all of their clients’ finances, and build Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account and take care of the rest -- paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k) and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on reinventing the way we currently bank in the U.S. in 2019. The banking industry is one of the most non-client centric industries in existence and we hope you join us to flip the script and rebuild it from the ground up.