Backend Engineer - Intern (Summer 2022)
Palo Alto, CA /
Wealthfront is building a financial system that favors people not institutions. Our employees enable our clients to achieve their financial goals by developing sophisticated algorithms and investment strategies, intuitive user experiences, and scalable infrastructure to continuously deploy mission-critical code. Join us as we help clients create their roadmap to financial freedom!
- As a summer intern at Wealthfront you will onboard onto our technology stack, work on one or two small features or improvements to get started, then under guidance from your mentor, design and implement a solution to a real business or customer problem, ship that solution to production, and present the results at an all-hands.
- Must graduate in 2023 or Fall 2022
- Expertise in Java or similar language (such as C++ or C#)
- Experience with online data stores (preferably MySQL / MariaDB)
- Experience with at least one scripting language
- Passion for agile, test-driven development
- Solid understanding of distributed systems and functional programming paradigms
- Pursuing BS, MS, or PhD in computer science or related field
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront started with the ambition to transform the investment advisory business, with the goal to unlock access to high quality investment advice for millions who were underserved by the traditional institutions. We built the first automated investment product that allows you to invest in a personalized portfolio of thousands of companies in seconds for a remarkably low fee; we then expanded into banking which made it remarkably easy for people to automate their finances end-to-end and eliminated the hassle of money management, all of which resulted in attracting more than $27 billion of our client’s hard earned savings, created the robo-advisor category and transformed the broader industry. And yet, we have a long way to go to achieve our mission to build a financial system that favors people, not institutions.
Wealthfront’s vision is to make it delightfully easy to build long-term wealth on your own terms. This vision is more relevant than ever because millions more people are getting into the market early and investing their hard earned savings in a handful of stocks. While this is a great way to start, it is inconsistent with building long-term wealth. We want to empower young investors to expand their horizon, and easily explore and execute on a wider range of investing strategies, make informed investment decisions that are consistent with their values and beliefs while also making it effortless to grow and compound their savings exponentially, that’s transformational to their lives and their long-term future.