Senior Business Development Manager
Redwood City, CA
As a Senior Business Development Manager on Wealthfront’s strategic Business Development team, you’ll be responsible for driving and executing new and existing strategic initiatives. As part of these efforts, you will collaborate cross-functionally with your colleagues to identify, engage and execute product and channel partnership opportunities. We will look to you to interface between internal, cross-functional teams and external partners, and we will count on you to develop and maintain strong and meaningful relationships between Wealthfront and its partners.
This is an opportunity to work with some of the most experienced and driven professionals in the technology industry and be part of an important and meaningful mission to democratize access to sophisticated investment and financial advice.
- Proactively identify and support high priority and maximally impactful projects and products that are partner dependent across the organization
- Due diligence, strategic and financial deal evaluation
- Relationship management to strengthen existing relationships with external partners
- Forecast key metrics and build financial models and schedules
- Collaborate with a broad range of stakeholders and team members including members of the Wealthfront executive team
- 5+ years of postgraduate work experience at a top tier professional services (e.g., consulting, banking) and/or technology company, preferably both
- Highly analytical with strong financial modeling skills
- Experience leading partner discussions with limited supervision
- Knowledge of SQL and experience with accessing and retrieving data from online data warehouse environments
- You derive more joy from the grind, discomfort and uncertainty that comes with working at a startup to the comforts of working at a large company
Wealthfront pioneered the category today known as “robo-advisors” when the company launched its automated investment service in 2011. Today, we manage over $12 billion for our clients and have expanded our service to offer free financial planning to anyone as well as cash management solutions with our recently launched FDIC insured Cash Account.
But we’re not done there. Our vision is to optimize and automate all of their clients’ finances, and build Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account and take care of the rest -- paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k) and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on reinventing the way we currently bank in the U.S. in 2019. The banking industry is one of the most non-client centric industries in existence and we hope you join us to flip the script and rebuild it from the ground up.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.