Palo Alto, CA /
We’re looking for a Devops Engineer to join our Infrastructure team, where you will build and maintain the infrastructure and services that run in our data centers and support our customer facing products.
Wealthfront’s Infrastructure team adheres to the principle of “infrastructure-as-code” and brings strategic expertise for designing, implementing, maintaining, and improving our infrastructure. We're a modern infrastructure engineering team, working with languages such as Ruby and Java & Go.
We leverage open source software such as MariaDB, NGINX, Jenkins, Chef, Kibana, and Grafana to deliver automated infrastructure to our clients and every member of the Engineering team.
If you are a new College Grad please check our University section for positions.
As a core member of the DevOps team you will:
- Design, implement, and deploy internal tools to accelerate productivity of the wider Engineering team
- Maintain our infrastructure by automating software deployment, infrastructure configuration, and database cluster management and tuning
- Expand our continuous integration and continuous deployment pipelines and orchestration tooling
- Identify and measure key infrastructure performance metrics and define service-level objectives (SLOs)
- Participate in our on-call rotation, troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
- Participate in post-mortem reviews of incidents and take corrective actions to improve our systems
This role could be a fit if you have:
- Demonstrated experience with modern Linux systems and at least 2+ years of experience running and troubleshooting applications and services in production
- Systems-related software development experience in Go, Ruby, Python, Java or similar languages
- Proficiency with at least one automation technology such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible
- Excellent communications skills and a desire to both learn from and educate your peers
- Experience maintaining and tuning databases(MariaDB or MySQL databases) is a plus
- A BS or MS in Engineering or Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent professional experience
Once you join, Wealthfront will:
- Pair you with a 1:1 mentor to guide you through our onboarding program.
- Encourage you to run projects which match your professional goals.
- Support your professional development by providing feedback during weekly 1:1s and during our bi-annual reviews.
- Give you autonomy so you can be a happy and successful member of our team.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking and investing service. We offer high-interest checking with our Cash Account, help you build your net worth with automated investing, automate your savings strategy with our service Autopilot, and give you a single view of your finances with our intuitive mobile app.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.