Palo Alto, CA
About this Role
Do you love the news? Do you have a passion for spotting trends and telling stories? Do you want to work at a company that helps people like yourself take more control of their lives? Then read on! We are looking for an enthusiastic, media savvy, self-starter to assist across our communications efforts. You will report directly to Kate Wauck, the Vice President of Communications, and have the chance to work directly with other members of the executive management team.
This role will involve: Working cross functionally with engineering, marketing, product and design to execute on product launches throughout the year. Working closely with our data science team to build and place stories that highlight our data and show interesting trends among our clients. Working with members of the management team to place them at top tier conferences. Managing inbound media and communicating the Wealthfront story both internally and externally.
About Communications at Wealthfront
The Communications team at Wealthfront plays a crucial role in creating our corporate narrative and telling the company story to media, industry analysts and policy makers. A crucial part of our work happens outside of the office: building meaningful relationships with reporters, analysts, conference organizers, etc. We work hard to build relevant stories together with these audiences to cut above the noise vs. sending cold pitches and praying someone bites. Therefore, intellectual curiosity and relationship building are key to this role. Additionally, we approach each product launch, company milestone and movement in the industry with thoughtfulness and creativity, and we aren’t afraid to be bold and take risks. We are an incredibly strategic team, which means you will not be doing cookie-cutter PR here.
- Build your own network of conference organizers and personal finance reporters.
- Assist in cross-function coordination for product and PR launches.
- Develop interesting story angles and secure articles that show trends among our clients and showcase our data.
- Develop a podcast program and place individuals on our management team on various shows.
- Develop a speaking program and place individuals on our management team at top tier events.
- Field inbound media requests and vet accordingly.
- Keep the team up to speed on industry related news.
- Coordinate communications efforts with our compliance team.
- 5-7 years of experience
- Deep knowledge of the overall media landscape and experience working with media
- Strong communicator with a determination to find new ways to tell stories and reach new audiences
- Strong self-starter and problem solver
- Ability to stay organized, meet deadlines, and work well under pressure
- Curiosity and desire to learn more about both the fintech and financial services industries.
- Background in finance is a plus, but not a requirement.
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the banking space in a big way this past year with the launch of our cash account that offers an interest rate 18x greater than the national average. We’ve been overwhelmed by the response and grew over 100% last year to manage over $23 billion in total client assets.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.