Lead Content Strategist
Palo Alto, CA
At Wealthfront, we believe that everyone should feel in control of their finances, and your money should empower you to achieve your most important life goals. That’s why we’re committed to building products and services that make it easy and delightful to save, invest and plan for your future. But we recognize that what we’re setting out to deliver to our clients is not what the average consumer expects. This is an amazing opportunity for a smart, passionate marketer who is up for the challenge of changing the conversation around finance and helping more people achieve financial confidence through our products and services.
What will you do here?
We’re here to build a brand that stands for something radically different than the traditional finance industry. And we need a talented writer to help us articulate our mission and vision to the world. That’s a tall task, which is where you come in. You’re passionate about telling a unique story. You love using creative thinking to develop differentiated and resonante messaging. You love distilling layers of ideas into kernels of truth. You appreciate the nuances between different digital mediums and know how best to communicate ideas on each.
This role reports into the VP of Marketing.
- Partner with product marketers and brand designers to define messaging and positioning strategy for Wealthfront at the brand level and help articulate it on core platforms
- Work with a cross functional team to develop key messages for new features and products; own expression of those ideas on key marketing channels
- Write and edit copy for various marketing initiatives, optimizing by channel (web, email, ad, social, video scripts, etc.)
- Collaborate with consumer insights to gain a deep understanding of our audience; use that knowledge to help shape and refine our brand voice
- Translate complex ideas into clear, concise copy to make finances feel fresh and relatable
- Maintain our voice and tone for a cohesive brand identity across our marketing touch points
- 5+ years of experience in similar roles
- A strong belief that great writing can make or break a brand
- An interest in the finer points of wordsmithery
- Experience working with marketing, design, and comms, and a portfolio that demonstrate a history of successful results
- Experience with content standards and best practices for digital marketing channels
- Personal finance knowledge/experience is a big bonus, but not required
Everyone across the financial spectrum deserves to live secure and rewarding lives. In order to successfully serve clients across the United States, the Wealthfront team is focused on hiring team members with a diverse range of backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Wealthfront is a nextgen banking service. We help you manage your money for both your short-term and long-term goals by providing a cash account with a top-of-market APY, best-in-class automated investment management, and free financial advice, anytime you want it. We entered into the banking space in a big way this past year with the launch of our cash account that offers an interest rate 18x greater than the national average. We’ve been overwhelmed by the response and grew over 100% last year to manage over $23 billion in total client assets.
Our ultimate vision is to optimize and automate all of our clients’ finances and build what we call Self-Driving Money™️. We want clients to be able to automatically deposit their paycheck into their Wealthfront account, and let us take care of the rest — paying their bills, topping off their emergency fund or 401(k), and investing the rest based on their specific goals and lifestyle. To get there, we’ll be focusing the bulk of our 2019 efforts on creating a better alternative to what the banking industry provides. Join us so you can help us turn this industry on its head and build a service that our clients don't just like, they love.