Quantitative Researcher (ASSA)
Redwood City, CA
At Wealthfront we have an ambitious vision to optimize and automate all your personal finances. By delivering our service exclusively through software, we can also offer very low fees and account minimums. Over the past six years our clients have rewarded us with $10 billion to manage and we have attracted some of the best venture capital firms in the business including Benchmark Capital, Greylock, Index Ventures and Social Capital. We recently closed a $75 million round of funding from Tiger Global and are rapidly growing our team. So if you're passionate about helping people secure their ambitions while helping to change an industry, keep reading.
We are looking for talented individuals passionate about conceptualizing, prototyping, and delivering the next generation of financial services to join the Research group at Wealthfront as Quantitative Researchers. Successful candidates will combine a passion for rigorous analysis, the pragmatism necessary to bring models to data, and a strong desire to work with a unique set of financial and client data. Quantitative Researchers investigate problems spanning portfolio construction (taxable and non-taxable), asset allocation, financial planning, as well as, trade execution and risk modelling. Code and models are the way we express insights and analysis, thus you need to be comfortable working with math, large datasets, and writing significant amounts of code.
- Develop models and algorithms underlying our financial planning and investment products
- Develop actionable insights based on empirical analyses / modeling of relevant data
- Contribute to the development of research infrastructure for modelling, optimization, backtesting, analytics, and data management, to ensure an efficient and robust research process
- Investigate, identify, and acquire internal / external datasets
- Collaborate with other teams (engineering, product, design, marketing, and compliance) to commercialize new products and ongoing enhancements to existing products
- PhD degree in economics / finance / operations research / statistics (or a related discipline with a strong focus on quantitative analysis)
- Experience analyzing complex data and building statistical models
- Strong background in econometrics / statistics / optimization / machine learning
- Programming competency in R and / or Matlab and / or Python
- Programming competency in SQL preferred
- Strong presentation skills and ability to communicate technical content to an audience with varied backgrounds
For more information please visit www.wealthfront.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.