Product Manager, Cash Card
Remote (Canada/US) /
R&D Teams – Product /
Permanent Full Time
Wealthsimple is looking for an experienced, customer-focused Product Manager to join our team and help lead our newest product, Cash, a payments platform that makes it simpler for all Canadians to send, spend, and save their money
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About Wealthsimple CASH
Wealthsimple Cash started as a mobile-first peer to peer payments product that allows anyone to instantly send money to friends and family for free. This was just the beginning. We added the Cash card, making it possible for people spend from their balance. We’re on a mission to create the most human everyday payments platform in Canada: a simple, beautiful, and no-cost option that makes sending, saving, and spending money fast, fun, and rewarding.
In this role, you will:
- Help define the product vision and strategy for the Cash card (spending) and own the roadmap for how we acquire and activate clients to modernize everyday spending to be simpler and more accessible to all Canadians.
- Lead the planning, development, launch, and iteration of projects to streamline onboarding and activation onto the Cash card; for example:
- a) Work closely with brand and external vendors to develop, evolve, and deliver Wealthsimple’s first physical product to our clients
- b) Establish and own metrics related to adoption and activation of the Cash card
- c) Own the end-to-end experience from onboarding to receiving the physical Cash card to build the best in class digital to physical experience in the market
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, user researchers, and content strategists.
- Partner with growth, lifecycle, and brand to drive awareness to the Cash card in to both clients and non-clients
- Work with product design, data science, and research to identify, design, validate, launch, and iterate simple, smart, and inspiring features that reflect the needs of our customers - functional, educational, emotional and otherwise.
- Partner with other engineering teams and departments across the company (e.g. Operations, Legal and Compliance, Customer Support, and more) to build compliant, efficient, and industry-leading client experiences.
- Evaluate new and existing technology vendors who can help us realize the full Cash vision — trading off between efficacy, user experience, and cost.
We're looking for someone who has...
- A multi-year track record of building and shipping consumer products and features loved by thousands of clients customers.
- Experience working with multiple external vendors to deliver great physical consumer products to clients
- Experience evaluating different vendors and project managing complex vendor relationships with lots of moving parts.
- A passion for talking to customers, and experience with design thinking methods (e.g. customer interviews, usability tests, and co-creation).
- A shipping mentality. We don't believe in spending forever analyzing and debating. The best way to validate something is to ship it — so let's ship it, learn, and iterate.
- Enough technical know-how to talk with engineers about architecture and technical considerations that impact product, and a desire to learn what you don’t know to help drive decision making.
- A passion for financial inclusion and building products that increase access to financial freedom for everyone.
We're looking for someone who is...
- Able to navigate uncertainty and ambiguity and adept at synthesizing actionable problems, insights, and requirements from raw, unstructured qualitative and quantitative data.
- A thoughtful, critical thinker who follows a systematic and rigorous approach to problem solving.
- Scrappy and comfortable flexing into different roles to support your team. For example:
- a) Business model and business case development
- b) Workflow and operational process development
- c) Negotiation with external vendors, regulatory bodies, and more.
- An excellent communicator that can convey complex ideas succinctly and clearly.
- A naturally collaborative and empathetic leader, comfortable working with a diverse group of stakeholders across the organization, making sure every voice is heard.
- Passionate about creating simple and elegant user-experiences. You can’t help but critique the UX of the apps you use.