Manager, Product Finance
Toronto or Remote (Canada) /
Business Teams – Finance /
Permanent Full Time
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Oversee the accounting function for multiple legal entities, including Wealthsimple Cash, ensuring timely and accurate month end close
- Support the consolidation of monthly financial results and variance explanations for senior management and board reporting
- Work closely with other internal teams to support the launch of new products and features, and assess operational risk
- Provide guidance and coaching to a team of accountants to encourage and support career growth and optimize learning opportunities
- Be responsible for identifying and implementing process improvements
Skills we're looking for:
- Relevant work experience: 7+ years of demonstrated success in month end accounting and finance functions; experience in banking or payments is required
- Leadership: Experience managing and mentoring a high performing team
- Organization and planning: Independently plans and organizes proactively, focusing on key priorities and adapting when required
- Action orientation: A clear bias for action and ability to act without being told what to do, with a mindset of using technology first to solve problems
- Communication: Able to speak plainly and truthfully, communicating complex ideas in a simple and easy-to-understand way for any audience (e.g. engineering, growth/operational teams, executive team)
- Naturally Curious: if something seems off, you want to figure out what’s going on