Senior Product Manager, Invest
Remote (Canada/US) /
R&D Teams – Product /
Permanent Full Time
Wealthsimple is looking for an experienced, customer-focused Senior Product Manager to join our team and help lead our Wealthsimple Invest product: the simplest way for Canadians to invest for their future.
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About Wealthsimple Invest
Wealthsimple Invest is our award-winning automated investment product that offers clients “investing on autopilot” to achieve their financial goals, no matter their net worth or prior investing knowledge. Much more than just a "robo-advisor," we’re on a mission to create the most accessible investing platform in Canada: practical financial advice coupled with set-it-and-forget-it, low cost investment portfolios that are diversified and built to meet a client’s unique goals. Come join us as we help every Canadian achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have.
In this role, you will:
- Reimagine digital, passive investing to be simpler and more accessible to all Canadians.
- Work directly with Wealthsimple leadership to define, prioritize, and deliver the vision and strategy for Invest.
- Explore and experiment with new types of passive investing products, tailored for different client segments.
- Collaborate closely with the PMs leading our other investment products (Trade, Crypto) to deliver an integrated, holistic investment experience to our clients.
- Lead the ideation, development, and launch of new features; including but not limited to:
- a) Rethinking our referrals experience to increase growth.
- b) Educating clients of our other products (Crypto, Trade, Tax) about the benefits of diversified investing and encouraging them to try Invest.
- c) Offering and scaling digital, habit-changing advice to all of our clients.
- d) Partnering with our Investment Research team to personalize our portfolios based on each clients' unique goals, risk-tolerance, etc.
- e) Encouraging regular investment contributions to help our clients meet their goals.
- Lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and user researchers.
- Work with product design and research to identify, design, validate, launch, and iterate simple, smart, and inspiring investing features that reflect the needs of our customers - functional, educational, emotional and otherwise.
- Establish and own metrics related to client growth, feature adoption, and satisfaction (e.g. new clients acquired, assets under management, NPS).
- Partner with marketing, brand, operations, and other engineering teams across the company to continuously launch, optimize, and scale Invest features.
- Help elevate the Product Management practice at Wealthsimple and create an inclusive and supportive team culture.
We're looking for someone who has...
- A multi-year track record of building and shipping consumer products and features loved by thousands of customers.
- A passion for talking to customers, and experience with design thinking methods (e.g. customer interviews, usability tests, and co-creation).
- A shipping mentality. We don't believe in spending forever analyzing and debating. The best way to validate something is to ship it — so let's ship it, learn, and iterate.
- A scientific method to building products. You define your riskiest product hypotheses, and design experiments to validate or invalidate them.
- Enough technical know-how to talk with engineers about architecture and technical considerations that impact product, and a desire to learn what you don’t know to help drive decision making.
- A passion for financial inclusion and building products that increase access to financial freedom for everyone. Bonus if you have prior experience bringing this to life.
We're looking for someone who is...
- Able to create an inspiring product vision that is grounded in research and data, and get a team motivated about executing on that vision.
- Comfortable navigating uncertainty and ambiguity and adept at synthesizing actionable problems, insights, and requirements from raw, unstructured qualitative and quantitative data.
- A thoughtful, critical thinker who follows a systematic and rigorous approach to problem solving.
- Scrappy and comfortable flexing into different roles to support your team. For example:
- a) Business model and business case development
- b) Workflow and operational process development
- c) Negotiation with external vendors, regulatory bodies, and more.
- An excellent communicator that can convey complex ideas succinctly and clearly.
- Naturally collaborative and empathetic; comfortable working with a diverse group of stakeholders across the organization and making sure every voice is heard.
- Passionate about creating simple and elegant user-experiences. You can’t help but critique the UX of the apps you use.