Senior Full Stack Engineer
Technical Teams – UK Engineering /
Wealthsimple is a financial services company on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom by providing products and advice that are accessible and affordable. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
Our team is working together to build one of the most innovative fintech companies in the world and we're looking for talented people who want to help us move fast, ship often and make a huge impact. Join us on our mission to make financial services simple and affordable for everyone!
Read our Culture Manual to learn more about us and how we work.
Our London based team operates in an agile way and has an emphasis on creating great products. Our full stack team is leading the way with a series of new products that are specifically being developed for the European market. We are hastily growing with plans to double the full stack team in the next 6 months!
We have a platform that allows people to easily and quickly invest their money into globally diversified portfolios without minimum account balances or high fees. Everything we do is with the aim of making investing more appealing, exciting and accessible to a broader audience. Our UK team are working together on bringing this platform to Europe and are now building from scratch a multi-tenant platform to enable this. We are partnering with financial institutions throughout Europe to help even more people take control of their investments.
Our Tech Stack (this is what we use, not what we need from you - we're more interested in your problem solving abilities than specific languages or frameworks):
- TypeScript built on NodeJS and React Native
- Agile development practices
- Continuous integration
- AWS/Docker/Kubernetes based infrastructure - infrastructure as code
In this role, you are someone who:
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment where everyone helps each other learn and grow
- Is comfortable with agile development and enjoys shipping frequently. We love to ship it here at Wealthsimple!
- Delivers well-designed and tested software
- Enjoys tackling new, complex problems on a regular basis and enjoys thinking through them holistically from a client's perspective
- Wants to raise the bar and believes that simple is better!
Nice to haves:
- Experience with SQL databases and designing robust APIs
- A broad range of experience! We're a small team and if you have other skills and experiences (e.g. building tooling, analytics), all the better
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
At Wealthsimple, we embrace difference. We believe that getting to the best outcomes requires diverse perspectives and backgrounds. We create space where all voices can be heard so that we can all do our life's best work. We’re committed to openness, curiosity and creating an inclusive culture as we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.