Core Operations Specialist, Securities Management
Toronto or Remote (Canada) /
Business Teams – Core Operations /
Permanent Full Time
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Wealthsimple Core Services (WS Core) is the business unit that provides the back-end technology, operations and platform that powers Wealthsimple’s products. It originated as a brokerage and continues to expand to deliver a wider breadth of financial services to our clients.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work directly with Associates and other Specialists to ensure the accuracy of the records we hold for clients.
- Take ownership of critical functions such as managing and improving our Securities Master (e.g. adding new securities, and identifying delisted and non-qualified securities)
- Work closely with our Senior Corporate Actions specialist in processing corporate actions by payment date.
- Partner with our operations and engineering teams to launch, improve, and scale Wealthsimple products and systems (e.g. improving our securities master to better track post-trade data such as corporate actions, CDS eligibility, and tax treatment and qualifications).
- Develop and improve Core Operations processes to increase the efficiency of our back-office operations.
- Use data to identify inefficiencies and propose solutions.
We're looking for people who:
- Bring 2+ years experience working at a broker-dealer handling back office responsibilities (IIROC-regulated dealer is preferred).
- Have a strong understanding of post-trade processes such as trade clearing, trade settlements, corporate actions, tax implications, and how it all relates to one another.
- Are passionate about technology, specifically fintech.
- Are organized with a strong attention to detail and ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Have awesome people skills and a positive attitude. You will working in a highly collaborative environment.
- Have the ability to quickly ramp up and learn about how our brokerage operates
- Are deeply analytical and comfortable with navigating large sets of data and pulling insights from it; strong experience in Excel is a must, familiarity with database querying (e.g. SQL) and Oracle is a a strong asset
- Are naturally curious and a problem-solver; if something seems off, they want to figure out what’s going on. They enjoy navigating uncertainty, bringing clarity to ambiguity and don’t wait for a playbook to be written