Senior Product Designer
We're looking for a talented, product-focused visual designer to join our design team in Toronto. You'll be joining a small team that loves making simple, beautiful interfaces for a new generation of investors.
We're on a mission to bring smarter financial services to everybody, regardless of age or net worth. We're growing fast. In 2 years, we've gone from $0 under management to over $750 million. We have significant funding from strategic investors that will allow us to continue building an amazing product that's competitive on a global level. In fact, we just launched in the US market earlier this year! Wealthsimple is backed by a team of world-class financial experts and Silicon Valley's best technology talent. We've raised $50M in capital from Power Financial Corp., one of the world's highest rated financial institutions who manage over $780B in global assets. Our talented team of talented software engineers, designers, and data scientists have previously worked at such companies as Amazon, Google, and Apple. We feel strongly about our brand (check out our latest TV spot or our magazine) and have won a Webby for best financial services website. We try to reflect our unique voice in everything we build.
In this role, you will:
- Be focused on our core product offerings – but you may be called upon to touch our marketing sites, create prototypes, or tackle something completely new
- Work closely with our Chief Product Officer and Director of Design to spec out and design new features, improve the existing product and bring fresh viewpoints to the team
- Own the creation of consistent experiences across platforms
- Balance business goals with optimal user experience
- Work closely with our development team to implement your designs
- Be able to articulate the thinking & strategy behind your work and why you’ve made certain design decisions
We’re looking for people who:
- Love turning complex problems into simple solutions
- Sweat the small details and love polish
- Have experience designing across many different devices
- Are overall design generalists, love great typography, and want to build delightful experiences
- Have worked on a consumer-facing app or product
- Can execute on beautiful visual design as well as strategic UX thinking
- Believe simple is better, and like to create systems that work well together
- Take initiative, bring ideas to the table and own projects. You get things done!
- Value open communication and working on a small and exceptionally transparent team
- Value making others successful
- 4+ years in a similar role
- Strong Photoshop/Sketch skills
- Demonstrated ability to ship polished and well-thought-out experiences
- Bonus but not required: ability to code HTML and CSS/Sass
How to apply:
Please attach a copy of your resume, portfolio, and a cover letter outlining why you want to join Wealthsimple, a favourite example of a thoughtfully designed product, and one widely held design opinion that you disagree with (and why).
We pride ourselves on creating a collaborative, diverse, and inclusive work place. Candidates who identify as a minority are welcome and encouraged to apply!