Senior Product Designer
Toronto or Remote (Canada) /
R&D Teams – UX /
Permanent Full Time
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
We’re looking for a Senior Product Designer to join our Team!
We're a close-knit UX team made up of Product Designers, Content Designers, and UX Researchers. We're embedded on product teams so that we can be involved with projects from the get-go and work really closely with other disciplines at every stage of the process. We work purposefully and think big when it comes to our growth as a team and individuals. It's important to us that we have a collaborative and supportive environment to work in every day. Our empathy for our users sets the bar really high for the products and experiences we create.
Note, there are multiple opportunities available throughout the year and we are looking to hire senior designers to focus on different products including but not limited to Cash, Investing, Crypto and more!
We’re looking for senior designers that:
- Own the design process for their projects from start to finish, including journey mapping, information architecture, wire-framing, prototyping, and developer walk-through
- Design purposeful and data-driven solutions that are scalable, flexible, and intentional
- Provide leadership and mentorship to the broader UX team by holistically improving the way we approach our craft
- Provide a systems-thinking lens to abstract and interconnected problems
- Pair and collaborate with other Designers by sharing best practices, ideation techniques, and usability principles
- Promote and practice open communication and contribute to a transparent and collaborative remote culture
Within 3 months, you’ll:
- Use research and data to inform your designs, advocating for our users out of a deep empathy for them
- Generate opinions on product strategy and share them with stakeholders
- Execute on beautiful and accessible visual design as well as strategic UX thinking
- Evaluate growing opportunities for our design system to scale
- Confidently lead collaborative and multi-disciplinary design sprints
Within 6 months, you’ll:
- Build a foundation and understanding of your product area; beginning to generate informed opinions around areas of growth for our product
- Own a stream of work for our product by contributing to conversations and direction of the product roadmap and strategy
- Collaborate closely with both our Product and Engineering disciplines in order to create solutions that are scoped and future-proof
- Have a strong understanding of our users’ needs, as well as the business goals for your product area
- Apply systems-thinking to design problems in order to holistically scale the product forward
Within 12 months, you’ll:
- Take initiative by bringing ideas and concepts to the leadership team
- Own the long-term UX vision of several projects
- Seek out areas of opportunity in craft, workflow, and operations, implementing smart solutions that scale to the whole UX team
- Lead internal presentations and effectively disseminate learnings
- Create opportunities to translate your expertise into training for others on the team