Senior Associate, Trading and Operations for Managed Investing
Toronto or Remote (Canada) /
Business Teams – Operations /
Permanent Full Time
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
About the role:
As the Trading and Operations Associate for Managed Investing, you will work directly with the Engineering, Portfolio Managers and Trading teams to support, assist and monitor trading operations. You will be responsible for ensuring client accounts are being traded accurately, troubleshooting and resolving issues, improving upstream & downstream processes, and working cross-functionally to ensure we continue to offer an exceptional client experience as we grow. You will be tasked with executing audits on our algorithm, and providing reporting and monitoring of the controls in place for account oversight and order generation.
This is an exciting opportunity to meaningfully contribute to a growing company with the momentum of a successful team and product behind you. The role will initially role up to the Head of Invest as a gatekeeper function, with the long term goal of transitioning to the Trade Desk.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
- Lead the day-to-day effort across Trading & Portfolio Management to measure, track and improve the accuracy of our trading algorithms and associated operations
- Execute daily trades for the Invest portfolios and clients and collaborate with the cross-functional partners supporting this function (Engineering, Portfolio Managers, Compliance and the ShareOwner Trade Desk)
- Execute daily operational tasks for Invest and collaborate with cross-functional partners across Wealthsimple
- Troubleshoot, identify root causes and resolve issues
- Create new and optimize existing business processes to improve our productivity and efficiency, reduce errors and transactional cost for trading processes
- Implement and monitor metrics for critical operational processes and order generation metrics
- Partner cross-functionally with the larger WS Core operations team, data science, investment research and engineering to continuously improve all upstream and downstream processes; for example, partner with the Operations and Compliance Teams on reconciliation across products and to develop and execute policies and procedures
Skills we're looking for:
- Strong analytics skills and problem solving; a believer in knowing and understanding the numbers behind a problem
- Experience with delivery and leading by example; willingness to take initiative to deliver and improve on our operations
- Attention to detail
- Process orientation and initiative; a self-starter who is confident is building out processes independently and collaboratively
- Strong communication; ability to convey complex ideas simply and succinctly
- Understanding and empathetic to the challenges of scaling a business, but excited to tackle them
- Strong experience in SQL and Excel, algorithmic outputs and data
- An understanding of equity and FX markets
- IIROC or OSC registration an asset