Senior Product Manager, Client Onboarding
Remote (Canada/US) /
R&D Teams – Product /
Permanent Full Time
Wealthsimple is looking for a customer-focused Senior Product Manager to help make onboarding new clients as seamless and scalable as possible.
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost. We're the company behind some of Canada's leading digital financial products, and are growing faster than ever.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than face time, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us! Read our Culture Manual to learn more about us and how we work.
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
More about the Client Onboarding team
We build the product experiences and platform that guide clients through their Wealthsimple onboarding journey — from when they first download our apps — to the moment they start investing, trading, or spending. To accomplish this, we’ve combined proprietary technology, leading third-party platforms, and a world-class user-experience to create onboarding that is fast, seamless, and delightful. Come join us and play an important leadership role in building the user-experience and platform that powers all Wealthsimple products as we onboard millions of new clients!
In this role, you will:
- Help define the product vision and strategy, and own the roadmap for how we onboard clients into our ecosystem.
- Support a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, and data scientists.
- Lead the planning, development, and launch of projects to streamline client onboarding; for example:
- a) Develop a unified client onboarding platform that can be leveraged by our growing list of products (Cash, Invest, Trade, etc.)
- b) Add, optimize, and experiment with different ways of collecting and verifying customer data (e.g., take a selfie, connect your bank account, etc.)
- c) Build the “connective tissue” between Wealthsimple products to enable clients to adopt their second or third Wealthsimple product in seconds
- Build a deep understanding of our onboarding experiences, systems, processes, and partners — and how they all fit together. Be opinionated about how we take these further to make them globally best-in-class.
- Work closely with engineering and product design to create simple, smart, and inspiring user-experiences that reflect the needs of our customers - functional, educational, emotional and otherwise.
- Establish and own a variety of metrics related to customer onboarding (e.g., rate of success for first-time funding, identify verification, bank linking, etc.).
- Evaluate third-party vendors and develop business cases for how we can continue to boost our client onboarding rates — trading off between efficacy, user experience, and cost.
- Partner with other engineering teams and departments across the company (e.g. Operations, Legal and Compliance, Customer Support, and more) to build compliant, efficient, and industry-leading client experiences.
- Create an inclusive and supportive team culture with your R&D team and the Product Management discipline.
We’re looking for someone who has...
- A multi-year track record of building and shipping products that customers love, and experience across both customer-facing and platform product management. You’ve worked on a platform and/or product teams before and are comfortable leading complex, cross-functional projects.
- A shipping mentality. We don't believe in spending forever analyzing and debating. The best way to validate something is to ship it — so let's ship it, learn, and iterate.
- Enough technical know-how to talk with engineers about architecture and technical considerations that impact product, and a desire to learn what you don’t know to help drive decision making.
- A passion for financial inclusion and building products that increase access to financial freedom for everyone.
- Passion for the PM craft and helping others think product-first
We’re looking for someone who is...
- A systems thinker that can distill many use-cases into a simple, elegant, and generic solution design.
- Able to navigate uncertainty and ambiguity and skilled at synthesizing actionable problems, insights, and requirements from raw, unstructured qualitative and quantitative data.
- A thoughtful, critical thinker who follows a systematic and rigorous approach to problem solving.
- An excellent communicator that can convey complex ideas succinctly and clearly.
- Scrappy and comfortable flexing into different roles to support your team. For example:
- a) Business model and business case development
- b) Workflow and operational process development
- c) Discussions with external vendors, regulatory bodies, and more
- d) Project management
- Naturally collaborative and empathetic. Comfortable working with a diverse group of stakeholders, making sure every voice is heard.
- Passionate about creating simple and elegant user-experiences. You can’t help but critique the UX of the apps you use.