Director, Client Success (BPO)
Toronto, Ontario /
Business Teams – Client Experience /
Permanent Full Time
Wealthsimple is on a mission to help everyone achieve financial freedom, no matter who they are or how much they have. Using smart technology, Wealthsimple takes financial services that are often confusing, opaque and expensive and makes them simple, transparent, and low-cost.
Our team is reimagining what it means to manage your money. Smart, high-performing team members will challenge you to learn and grow every day. We value great work and great ideas — not ego. We're looking for talented people who love a fast-paced environment, and want to ship often and make an impact with groundbreaking ideas.
We’re a remote-first team and output is more important than facetime, so where you choose to work is up to you — as long as you have internet access, you can work from anywhere in Canada. Be a part of our Canadian success story and help shape the financial future of millions — join us!
At Wealthsimple, we are building products for a diverse world and we need a diverse team to do that successfully. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status. Wealthsimple provides an accessible candidate experience. If you need any accommodations or adjustments throughout the interview process and beyond, please let us know.
Read our Culture Manual and learn more about how we work.
As the Director Client Success, you will report to the VP Client Experience and be responsible for executing the strategy to deliver best-in-class, effortless experiences to all clients at scale through our business outsourcing partner (BPO). As a key member of the leadership team, you will champion the voice of the client across the organization and partner with Data Science, Product, Engineering, Operations and Marketing to enable exceptional client experiences in and outside of our products. Our ideal hire is passionate about our clients. They have a strong vision for how we delight our clients at scale as well as the ambition and drive to roll-up their sleeves and help us deliver it.
In this role, you'll be responsible for:
- Spearheading the execution of scaling exceptional client experiences to millions of clients working with our BPO and internal teams: Client Success, CX Operations and Portfolio Management
- Over time transforming the Client Success organization from reactive to a proactive engagement model
- Instilling our company values within our BPO in how we work day in and day out
- Ensuring the BPO delivers on strong service levels and KPIs, a thought leader for what success looks like across Tier 1 support
- Partnering with a BPO partner and internal stakeholders to prepare new use cases / work flows to be outsourced and ongoing process improvements
- Leading all aspects of vendor management with our BPO Partner(s) - commercial and operational
- Evaluating how and when to expand to different geographies / vendor partners
- Establishing feedback loops that amplify the voice of the client across the organization in our everyday operations
- Partnering cross-functionally to eliminate toil from the client experience
- Championing our BPO Partner(s) internally to ensure we keep them top of mind in decision making
- Building, coaching and empowering a strong team to bring your collective vision to life alongside Wealthsimple’s rapid growth
Skills and experience we're looking for:
- Domain experience: Has had experience working with a BPO and scaling the operations from to thousands of agents across multiple sites, languages and time zones
- People leadership - Has 8+ years in a leadership role and has a demonstrated ability to set a vision and strategy and coach
- Client Success Experience - Has 8+ years of experience in scaling Customer Support teams
- Passion for clients - Is incredibly passionate about our clients and our products
- Developing leaders & teams - Has demonstrated experience leading, building, coaching and empowering strong leaders and teams, both with & without authority
- Communication - Is an excellent communicator and able to convey complex ideas succinctly and with great precision
- Prioritization & problem-solving - Has great analytical and prioritization skills. Approaches problems from first-principles. Knows how to balance what needs to be done with what’s possible to do. Understands the scope of an issue and its priority
- Process mapping / process improvement - Is able to identify opportunities and options for improving processes and how we operate
- Execution - Has a move-fast mentality. We believe in doing our efficient research upfront and implementing it in an iterative way that allows us to learn and correct as we go . We don't believe in endless meetings (or many at all)
- Proactive & assertive- Acts without being told what to do. Brings new ideas to Wealthsimple